Burning Crusade Classic: The Sunwell Plateau is Now Open!

Yes.

As such I needed the exact date and atleast a 2 week notice.

Not really big asks for any other company…

3 Likes

Sooner the better so we can get to WotLK & various class & core “quality-of-life” improvements. Plus, being a healer/tank without dual spec pre-WotLK just turns one into an unmotivated raid-logger who can’t even play/enjoy various venues of the game without being a gold-buying cheater for daily paid respecs.

1 Like

I mean I agree that I want WoTLK soon but they couldn’t give us a two week notice at least for the final raid? I really wanted to take some PTO. I finished the majority of my in game prep already but I can’t just magically take off with less than a week’s notice

2 Likes

I mean - why not? It’s a leisure activity if it makes him happy…

I forgot no fun allowed lol.

don’t feed the troll

2 Likes

Unlock it from what? There’s already no attunement required.

This is great news! Let’s get TBC over with, and on to WotLK! At this rate, I’d estimate we’ll see the pre-patch in August.

3 Likes

I don’t know if THIS is true though. Least according to logs/IFPro. It seems that it’s a pretty even split. I do think it leans more into making sure everyone has access to raid same day.

Why should we even continue to play if this is how things are treated? I was looking forward to the opening of Sunwell, the big daily grind was going to be an event but now? Why even do dailies? Who is running this show? Are they blind and deaf? Are they actively trying to piss off the customers?

5 Likes

This would be sick and (I feel) super easy to implement even though it was never a thing. All they need to do is leave the door to the final wing unlocked and enable the teleport from the start, probably just to the first (second if they can make it safe to warp in) and boom. Don’t think many people will take issue with having to kill last three bosses as they all drop tier which will be useful for a while.

Aug. 4 is the next quarterly earnings report. I wonder if that means prepatch will be in July to get the extra boost money…

6 Likes

Blizzard says they’re paying attention and listening to the player base. Proceeds to do what a seemingly larger portion of the player base doesn’t want. What a joke

So many players haven’t finished their bis to enjoy time parsing/ farming. Guilds that have been clearing since week 1 still haven’t seen glaives, arguably the most iconic item in the xpack. Hell, we haven’t seen caster boots off naj or gloves if silent justice off akama yet and been clearing since week 1.

Sure not everyone will ever finish everything 100% but this is massively rushed compared to the original time line and clearly states they don’t care about the players, they only care about shareholder reports which wrath will certainly bolster for them.

They’ve rushed tbc more than they rushed classic. Watch them rush wrath even faster

7 Likes

Yep, why even bother if they are going to rush it, ignore problems and make it feel like we wasted our time.

7 Likes

This truly demonstrates how distant Blizzard is from their player base.

Announcing one week before launch makes it difficult for people to get PTO in time to participate in server/world races. This then reduces accessibility to the raid in general, on top of not allowing Tuesday/Wednesday raid teams to participate without having to reschedule their raid days.

Announcing on a Thursday means that Tuesday/Wednesday raiders did not get a chance to plan out a final speed run for BT.

The communication for both PTR and raid release has been awful. This is also the first time it has been communicated that the release isn’t staggered like it was in original TBC.

Thanks for showing how little you care about your customers.

Do better.

23 Likes

We’ve entered the Age of the Fomo.

Strike while the iron is hot. Rush out Wrath, sell a bunch of Deluxe Editions, boosts. Rush to Cata Classic. Sell a bunch of Deluxe Editions, more boosts. Rinse and Repeat.

4 Likes

Pretty evident they intend to push this to Wrath to fill subs as fast as possible.

I assumed we would have 2 months of pre-nerf Sunwell, and 3-4 months of post-nerf for the bulk of guilds to raid it. Then one month of pre-wrath event/DKs.

It would appear I was being generous. I won’t be shocked if its three months total for Sunwell and we get pre-patch for Wrath.

5 Likes

I wanted to not think like that… but the evidence is there and mounting.

This is extremely disappointing coming from a smaller guild that competes for server first and top world rankings in progression. Having only 1 week notice we have a handful of key roles which can’t just “get off work” with 7 days notice.

4 Likes

While you are correct, that appears to be their strategy… that part about Classic Cata boosts and collectors edition sales? Yeah, they about to get butt hurt on that one.

Ion better be serious about #lotsofchanges.

You are correct, it’s gonna only be like a month+ of pre nerf, a month of nerfed and then prepatch in July ish to make earning reports/communication with the investing public to say “Wrath is coming soon!”

The weasels at the top saw the gold mine that is WoW classic with everyone flocking to it, so they are gonna squeeze it for as much as they can.

2 Likes