Burning Crusade Classic Season 4 Ends August 29

Exactly this. Punish players that play the game lol. People shaming others for being capped is weak, the immediate conversion to honor is just dumb.

9 Likes

Blizzard hates arena players unfortunately. Maybe they’ll thank you for your wasted arena grind with a good ol pat on the back.

So prepatch should temporarily unlock the honor cap to accommodate the arena conversion, with the understanding that it will be reset at wrath launch.

Would that work for everyone?

No.

What they should do is what they’ve done every single season prior instead of changing things on a whim.

Just do the arena conversion to honor on actual wrath launch or a week prior or something.

5 Likes

Kaivax… are you going to change the PTR so we can see what the prices of all the items that can be purchased? My 3v3 team is capped with honor and was building up our Arena points…

In previous expansions when they convert like this, you’ll be granted the honor even if its over cap, but you wont be able to earn more until you’ve spent enough to drop you back below the cap. So with a 10:1 conversion of 5k arena points, you’ll keep your 75k and earn another 50k, so you’d have 125k but be unable to earn more honor via BGs until you’ve spent enough to bring your total back under 75k

4 Likes

I would be perfectly fine with this.
I just don’t trust blizzard to do this until they’ve stated what their plans are because the current way they have it worded doesn’t emphasize anything about being overcapped.

4 Likes

Was honor cap increased to 150k in wotlk or am i misremembering?

For players with both honor and arena points capped now, would you please share whether all the arena points will be wasted during conversion to honor? Or, please provide the discount and removal of rating requirements at the time season 4 ends but before the maintenance the next morning? Thank you!

1 Like

No.

People aren’t thinking this through before getting upset.
S4 gloves cost 1125 arena points right now.
As long as they cost less than 11250 honor after prepatch, you’re winning. That’s a discount.
S2 gloves cost 6311 to give a benchmark. I bet S4 will cost about the same.

Wait and see.

1 Like

It’s only winning if they convert arena to honor above the 75k cap.
Which they made no mention of doing.

Also their normal discount is 50% off for arena at season end. So that still isn’t exactly winning.

2 Likes

After an entire season of getting practically double the rate of points, you honestly still find yourself falling short? I mean, we definitely had it better than it was before. I had to spend myself down from cap all season.

I’m assuming you don’t know what weapons/shoulders and alts are.
For example I have an alt with 75k honor but only 2k arena points because I just hit 70 on it.

1 Like

So you think it is just entitled to full s4 bis the day of prepatch despite not participating in most of the season?
And there is absolutely no way weapons + shoulders will cost more than 75k.

Again, exaggerating just to feel mad.

30 sec queue for 8-10 min AV’s which are mostly PvE races.

Just going to flag you for trolling at this point and block.
I’m only expecting blizzard to do what has been done since s1.

4800 arena points for 5 set and either a 2H or two 1H. and half price off set pieces you can easily get all you need with 75k honor.
If we’re AP and HP capped, we should expect to get full BIS, regardless how little or much much we’ve played - as long as we’re capped.
Anything less than BIS is a loss.

You are neglecting that R14 gear was able to be bought with honor during TBC prepatch. :upside_down_face:
Their plan is in line with what happens at the end of an expansion.

1 Like

Yes, this is my concern as well. I really hope they give a grace period to use our arena points!

3 Likes

Why is there not the one week period to buy arena gear for half price like the previous 3 season ends, I have some alts I have purposely been saving points on for the entire season thinking that you would handle the end of this season the same as you did the previous 3. Some clarification on why you are changing this now would be awesome.

3 Likes