Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 9

IMO, if the character on the destination realm has been inactive, they should be a lesser priority.

Prevision to come free tranfer to Faerlinas Ally players? :frowning:

I think this is a great step in the right direction to help the servers, but there is more that needs to be done.

Why were some low pop servers left out of this group, for example, Earthfury? I understand you left a few servers out of there for new homes for people to transfer into, but you’re leaving it up to the community to refill the unpopulated servers. This is the same community who decided to make PVP servers into PVE servers by rolling only horde or only alliance on them (Faerlina/Benediction).

This is great change for those servers that you included but terrible for the servers you didnt. The massive servers like Benediction and Faerlina are where you HAVE to be if you want any chance at all in random grouping, so why would anyone want to stay in a server like Earthfury?

I guess you can say wait until August when they force people into Earthfury and other servers, but it makes those who are trying to play before August at an extreme disadvantage. This is coming way too late and without fairness to all low pop servers.

In Summary, Give all servers the ability to free transfer, so there’s a fighting chance to save other low pop server accounts and maybe a fighting chance for the community to undo the screw up they created on Benediction/Faerlina.

Thanks,

• A guy who wants to play with his friends
3 Likes

In 16 years of playing and an embarassing amount of money spent, there are very few things I’m unwilling to put up with. At the top of that short list is forcing a name change. Don’t even let that be possible. This is a role-playing game and character identity is a huge part of it.

yep Earthfury is dead

2 Likes

Horde is already the majority on Grobbulus. We don’t need any more.

Blizzard needs to do a pass and release names from inactive accounts, and potentially characters under level 10 on those destination realms even if the account is active. Give a one week warning or something so that if someone really wants they can just log in and get that character up out of the danger zone.

3 Likes

Hell, they should just do that now.

“If you want to keep your name before we launch Wrath, you need to log in and level to 10 to keep it, otherwise it gets released. You have until launch day to comply.”

2 Likes

Put Earthfury on this list please, thanks!

1 Like

So enjoy playing on a dead server because your name? Just use altcode dude.

1 Like

Alt-coded letters have different pronunciations. I enjoy studying languages that use the more popular ones (Icelandic, Finnish, Norwegian) so that would never work.

Should have chosen a better server then rip lmao

1 Like

Just want to point out that this is only affecting low pop (currently) PvP servers in the NA realms. No PvE servers are going down (though Deviate Delight is a RP PvP server, which is very low pop anyway).

This is not going to affect too many people in NA since every server listed is at low pop during peak play time (the time I’m posting this).

1 Like

Hi im replying here because my realm felstriker doesn’t have a population high enough to generate a help ticket that gets a response , you are allowing free transfers off Felstriker to 2 oceanic servers , but you seem to want to make us pay to transfer to the 3rd OCE server Remulos, Remulos is where my guildies all had to PAY to move to when you let the server drop to 3 guilds and only farmers and bots, i don’t think its fair that players on felstriker should have to pay to move to Remulos because of your mismanagement of the server, please offer a free transfer to Remulos

3 Likes

Check if your name is available on any of the destination servers. If it is, create the character there as a placeholder, take the transfer, then when you get flagged for a rename, delete the placeholder and take your name. If it’s not available, try some similar names that you can stomach - or cancel your sub and list that as the reason.

Unfortunately I don’t think you have many other options here.

2 Likes

Because Remulos is a PvE server.

You are on a PvP server, so they are giving you a like-for-like transfer.

They don’t “owe” you a transfer to a realm type that you are not currently on if there are other similar servers available.

Great, now offer those of us trapped on dead factions but 10k opposing faction servers free transfers off. This doesn’t help many of us trapped on servers with 5 players of our faction. Not even an exaggeration. Disgusting to demand we pay 25 bucks per character to play the game.

3 Likes

Hello ? are you guys blind EARTHFURY ???

4 Likes

so…

E A R T H F U R Y
A--------------------R
R--------------------U
T---------------------F
H--------------------H
F---------------------T
U--------------------R
R--------------------A
Y R U F H T R A E

4 Likes

Once again I ask that you look at the other PVP servers that are non mega server at this point (Earthfury, Sulfuras) and just open transfers from them?

At this point all the PVP realms are concentrating on Grobb, Whitemane, Bene, and Faerlina, might as well just have those 4 be the only PVP servers left and just get it done and over with.

Losing more and more folks from unwilling to transfer (once again) because of a sever death. You have the capability (and has been used before) to fix this issue.

2 Likes