[Bug][TBC] Stuck in Druid forms

Here is a video of me using the standard blizzard macro of /cast !Cat Form, just in case anyone thinks this is due to the druid macro helper or any sort of lua variables. I make the macro drag it onto my bars and then I click every ability to show my inputs.

I go into cat form, wait for one tick of energy then click the macro. You can see as soon as I click it my form buttons no longer have the identifier as if I was still in Cat Form. On top of that you can see that no matter what form I click it literally does nothing. Its not until doing no inputs for about 3 seconds that I can finally change forms.

6 Likes

Bumping this as well, experienced the same issue several times last night. Almost wiped the raid on Illidan because the game wouldn’t let me shift into Bear Form at the start of Phase 2. Please make this a priority to fix Blizzard, Feral is borderline unplayable as a spec if we can’t reliably swap between forms on demand!

3 Likes

Please fix before raid tonight so I dont have to sit around as a bear because im scared to shift.

3 Likes

He didn’t have these problems.

1 Like

Bear lives matter, please fix :frowning:

3 Likes

Also having this issue. Both in bear and cat. And happens in and out of combat. Can reproduce in both situations. This is horrible.

2 Likes

Having these issues too. Very frustrating to play, can’t pvp or pve properly.

2 Likes

Feral is unplayable like this. gamebreaking bug.

2 Likes

Having this issue a lot, seems to trigger when just doing normal feral things

1 Like

Still having this issue and about to start raid. Anyone have an update/workaround?

2 Likes

Nope. We’re literally broken until Blizz acknowledges and fixes this.

2 Likes

Feral druid is unplayable in arena RN. SOS

3 Likes

Feral druid isn’t playable in arena at the moment, please fix this ASAP!!!

3 Likes

100% confirmed. I’ve gone so far as to manually click a different shapeshift form; i.e. i’m currently in bear form with the bug so I will manually click travel form and I can’t leave bear form.

How the heck did you manage to break this? for the love of god…

Edit: People are saying it’s for 3 seconds. I have absolutely been stuck in form longer with a frost mage spamming icelance on me. It’s indefinite.

3 Likes

Ha, I came here to open a new thread regarding GetShapeshiftForm() and GetShapeshiftFormID() not updating correctly with UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM events triggered from power shifting (/cast !Cat Form), which resulted in my addon not tracking forms correctly.

I had to use SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS CLEU events to update form based on Cat Form/Bear Form spell casts for the meantime.

I went looking at the WoW interface code to see if I could get ideas and thought “huh, how are people with dynamic action bar form swapping getting correct action bars on power shifts…” and it looks like they are not according to this thread :smiley:

Yup, we definitely need a fix here. The UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM event has been rendered useless by this bug. Please fix ASAP! Before I become overwhelmed with “addon is broken” emails preferably haha.

4 Likes

Can confirm that Prot Paladins aren’t experiencing this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has this been tested outside of the feral forms? EG: Tree Form → Travel Form → Back to Tree Form?

1 Like

(continuing on from my other character I posted on, Oled)

Just tested it right now, I don’t have any problems going from one form to another, however, powershifting does cause the problem regardless of what form you do it in, so a macro such as
/cast !Swift Flight Form
used while in Swift Flight Form
will cause GetShapeshiftFormID() to return nil on every UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM event. (3 of them occur now during a powershift)

If you shift from one form to another, you get 4 UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM events. The first 3 have nil form IDs, and the last one gives the correct form.

It would appear that powershifting any form is missing that 4th UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM event which actually triggers from the updated form ID.

This is also breaking regular shifting as well, because during the time GetShapeshiftFormID() returns nil, you are unable to shift from one form to another, and receive the error message “You are in shapeshift form”
The only way to get around it appears to be to “/cancelaura Cat Form” (not even /cancelform!) and then shift into a new form!

Using an event trigger within my addon:

function events:UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM()
	print(GetTime(), 'UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM', GetShapeshiftFormID())
end

Results:

In Travel Form, /cast !Travel Form
[01:42] 1060952.226 UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM nil
[01:42] 1060952.368 UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM nil
[01:42] 1060952.368 UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM nil

In Travel Form, /cast !Cat Form
[01:43] 1061016.341 UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM nil
[01:43] 1061016.448 UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM nil
[01:43] 1061016.448 UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM nil
[01:43] 1061016.448 UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM 1 (1 is Cat Form's FormID which is correct)

I would also like to ask Blizzard, is there some reason we have more than 2 UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM event triggers per shift? I would expect it to be 1 event for form to form, and 2 events for a powershift, the first one being nil for GetShapeshiftFormID() (since you’re technically losing form for a short moment before going back into the previous form).
With that being said, is there a reason we even have to leave form for a split second during a powershift? Is it just like this to emulate original TBC? It would make more sense for a powershift to just refresh the form rather than drop it and reshift in the same global.

11 Likes

This happens to me when I try shifting to any form twice within a short period of time. Only Cancelaura works, cancelform DOES NOT WORK. Its like our “aura” state is taking longer than it should to clear.

3 Likes

This is still broken please fix.

2 Likes