[MAJOR BUG] ZA patch literally broke Druids (gamebreaking shift bugs), PLEASE FIX

I have literally had zero issues… what are you doing wrong?

If you use power shift macros. They are not working

1 Like

ah ok, I just do it manually since I am normally just in bear form

It isn’t just about macros not working.

There are literal functionality problems with the class embedded with the game, like being stuck in form and not being able to leave, in addition to that sometimes having the caster form bar as the active viable ability selection when in an animal form, making you a vegetable for 3-5 seconds.

1 Like

Are you using any scrips or are they macro you’re using? Also what addons do you have running? I am told that there is an update bug and that a clean install works but you then have to do almost everything over in terms of your client setup. =/

take that info with a grain of salt, its just what I saw in guild chat. Not sure how accurate it is.

Here is a breakdown of exactly what is broken:

It cannot be fixed except by a client hotfix. It is not an issue caused by addons, nor is it an issue in the lua interface code, but rather a bug in the C code that is not setting the final form ID and sending a shapeshift event to tell the lua interface. The bug appears to only happen when powershifting (shapeshifting from a form to the same form, ex. using a /cast !Any Form macro)
Unfortunately using powershift macros is the bread and butter of cat dps in TBC.

1 Like

Fix druids please

1 Like

Welp since I can’t shape shift, time to wip out the ole boomkin melee cleave spec.

Finally people can play warsong gulch… atleast untils its fixed!

1 Like

Arena is playable now!

4 Likes

This explains everything! The other day I was freaking out scratching my head. I thought I was lagging and my ping seemed fine, then I figured I was dropping a lot of packets or the server itself was lagging. So it was a bug all along and I didn’t even realize it.

I’m glad I know now, lets get er fixed!

1 Like

It’s interesting that this is the same patch “back in the day” that created the powershift macros. I wonder if they tried to simulate something and … failed miserably.

Oh now that I have had happen. Assumed I fat fingered shift and switched bars…

1 Like

Fixing this should be extremely high priority. A blue post acknowledging the problem would be a good start, too.

2 Likes

Even /cancelform is affected by this bug.

1 Like

If you’re not using a macro you’re doing it wrong.

One of my guildies had this issue the other day in H SL. I’ve been playing my druid regularly since and haven’t had any issues with shifting. That being said, I don’t use macros.

Bump. Druids still broken

1 Like

apparently not since I don’t get stuck in form… My haste pot/sapper macros work fine. only other time I leave bear form is to get consumable buffs

Ugh please fix, this is so troll.

1 Like