Bug: Receiving payout for cancelled auctions

A blue post about what behavior should we adopte. It’s a burden to check all the mail to see if it’s a real sell or not. Can we still sell things? We need answer to keep playing plz.

1 Like

makes sense but really we should just be able to play the game normally and it should be up to them to figure this out since it’s their problem

I’m not down playing things because I’m worried too but im not going to punish myself by not playing part of the game if it’s available to play ya know

just going to keep doing what I normally do and nothing different

Just to add a little more info: I had this bug occur on a few different characters across 3 realms. It seems to only have impacted my commodities such as cut gems, enchants, missives, inks, and potions. Non-commodity items such as patterns did not seem to be affected. I had gathered the gold and expired items out of the mailbox on one character this morning before noticing the glitch. After noticing, I canceled those auctions I had reposted (hopefully safe now?) and left all other commodity related items and gold sitting in my mailbox.

For the auctions that supposedly “sold”, some of them list “multiple buyers” even on items that were only posted as a single, and a few list my own character as the buyer (which is pretty odd).

2 Likes

Okay, so on my priest I did not receive both gold and items back from the natural expiration of the items that I had posted yesterday.

Inbox of Shrouded Cloth Bags

This is the case for all of the items in my priests inbox. I have not experienced this on her.

Now on my monk instead of the auction expiring, it seemingly is now up for 49,711 days.

ss of 49711 days

Not sure if this is to postpone the auction from expiring and duplicating the items or what but this is also happening. additionally, on the items that sold on the monk it lists multiple buyers. Not myself as the buyer, so not sure what is going on there. Not sure if any of this is helpful.

2 Likes

Just checked one of my alts that still had auctions up from yesterday (I only canceled on the one that had accidently reposted today) and I’m also now seeing auctions that expire in 49711 days. It’s only the auctions that were posted for a shorter duration though, the ones that had been posted for 48 hours still just show 21 hours till they expire.

Well, the ticket I opened about this was closed with a canned response to check the forums and wowhead.

I’m not sure what to do here, are they working on it? Can I go back to use the Auction House?

I’ve just logged out of those toons and didn’t log back in since I noticed the bug.
I really don’t want to get banned for abusing something that I thought was fixed and didn’t know was an issue when I posted my items, but I also want to sell my stuff and try to buy that exquisite lightless silk at 1g .

AH still not closed. While the bug is still out there…blizz you are shooting yourself in the foot.
A policy you should adopte (free advice) :
-Remove the duped gold (check when the seller is also the buyer)
-If the account after the removed gold has negative gold, remove also the items bought completely or consider a temp ban.

Still wont be enough and ppl will still find solution…but for god’s sake, i’ve been building my gold empire, and you are throwing everything in the trash. At this point…you should be considering a roll back.

CLOSE THIS AH till it’s resolved. It’s maddening. This is the most urgent matter you should attempt to resolve

6 Likes