Bug: Receiving payout for cancelled auctions

I wanted to say. Excellent bug report. Although it borders on explaining an exploit. Not only did you give great info, you went into other threads and directed a few folks here to consolidate reports.

This is what got passed up the chain, at least from one side.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was really anxious about this bug and wanted to make sure it was seen and understood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually kind of panicked when I saw it because exploit potential. Sent it up to the Forum Support Agents pronto so it got passed on fast. I am sure others were doing that too. In this case, it is an isolated system they can shut down alone so damage is hopefully limited.

1 Like

Thank you for your efforts! I was nervous about it too once I noticed what was happening. Saw your post on someone elses post and it helped immensely!

1 Like

Thank you, Thrusty. :slight_smile: It’s always worth reporting problems, especially once you verify it.

There are people out there who have millions of gold in stock floating around on the AH at all times, I worry that the ghost revenue in those few hours could’ve made it into the billions. I appreciate your help sending this upward, Mirasol!

I accidently found this bug and didn’t realize how to do it . I retraced my steps and when I I made test auctions to replicate it, I made them for outrageous prices. I made 3.4mil from it because of it. I immediately reported bug after I received it in the mail. I haven’t spent any of it.

1 Like

Update

1 Like

Yeah, I saw yours before I made a post of my own! <3

1 Like

Warning: This is still happening.

I just received gold for auctions I cancelled yesterday. I opened a bug report from my account with the exact items and gold received in an attached a screenshot.

Edit: It also shows myself as the buyer.

Edit 2 : It’s also happening with expired auctions. I also got my items and gold back on those.

1 Like

This is absolutely still happening, and it’s happening with naturally cancelled auctions, like my 12h duration is up and I’m getting gold + items back, it shows me as the buyer even though I’ve done nothing.

1 Like

this is happening to me too on auctions that expired this morning

maybe the bug doesnt apply to auctions made after the ah fix? i dont know, i think i made these auctions before the ah was fixed

1 Like

Happened to me as well. Auctions set to a 12 hour duration yesterday came back as “expired” today, but I also have sales for those exact same items. Put in a bug report.

1 Like

Still happening, I received my expired auction and the gold for it as well.

1 Like

Thank you for the updates, I’ve been able to find an example in my own mailbox and have added to the post.

I got the same issue, I logged in today and got mails with payments for a lot of items that were canceled yesterday. I haven’t take the gold from my mail or canceled any more posts. Will I get in any trouble? Is there anything I should do?

I have quite a few auctions that are going to expire in like 6 hours, i will post if i have the same thing happen. Also, i still have the gold and have put in a ticket for them to remove it from my characters. I am trying hard to not use any of it until all of this is sorted out.

i just had auctions posted after the bug was supposedly fixed, expire and gold came with it.

this bug is still happening on expired auctions posted after the ah was reopened

I submitted reports in game and want to make it clear here Blizzard that I am not intentionally doing this and i fully am onboard with the gold being removed . I’m just trying to use the ah like everyone else

Also coming here to add that I am receiving both gold AND items in the mail for both sold AND expired auctions. I’m not cancel reposting, since I know that is/was broken when the AH was taken down for a bit, but this morning I still got gold AND items for some (but not all) of my expired and sold auctions.

Looking at which items were affected, it seems it’s commodities to me. But again, not all? Stuff like cloth, battle stones, optional ZM crafting reagents, armor kits, but not herbs or ore? I dunno, I didn’t check line by line in my mailbox and only noticed the extra items when I went to repost my expires.

I submitted a bug report in game, but I’m with Ralph here. I’m terrified to continue using the AH at all at this point. I don’t want to get extra/exploity gold, I just want to sell my stuff. =(

Same here. I haven’t moved anything from my characters and haven’t used the auction house since I noticed the bug and reported it ingame.

I just want to use the auction house again.

Yeah it’s a little scary. im still going to use the ah but I want Blizz to be ultra clear that I’m not trying to exploit im just posting auctions and trying to sell stuff