Buff Heart Strike | Blood DK is DPS not tank

Blood DPS is 100% a thing.

1 Like

This thread is all together excellent and true

1 Like

I just want to know why it’s not marked as a possibility DPS this time around. Just feel like it could deal some decent damage with the Unholy Talents of 20% more damage on auto-attacks and 30% chance of 25% WD + another 25% (two dots at 12.5%) while maintaining 9% Damage at all times (or 19% if Blood Gorged), not to mention the 20% damage increase for 30 seconds every 3min.

Blood DK DPS Talents
Subversion
Butchery
Bladed Armor
2-handed weaponry
Dark Conviction
Dark Rune Mastery
Rune Tap (Blood gorged)
Improved Rune Tap
Vendetta
Bloody Strikes
Marked of Blood (blood gorged)
Veteran of the 3rd War
Improved Death Strike
Sudden Doom
Vampiric Blood (blood gorged)
Heart Strike
Might of Mograine
Blood Gorged
Dancing Rune Weapon

To say that Blood at this iteration of wow is a tank is foolish. This is a heavily nerfed DPS class. The last 2 talents alone prove it is NOT a tank tree, what tank is sitting above 75% HP the whole fight for it to be worth it, and the last talent, Dancing Rune Weapon, is a damaging CD.

Paladin’s Hammer of righteousness to complete their tanking rotation.
Warrior’s shockwave is a stun, defensive.

2 Likes

You are actually claiming that self-sustain talents are dps talents

You’ve got to be the world’s biggest troll, I refuse to believe a real human is that dumb

Also, this isn’t Cataclysm, you do realize you don’t have to finish a talent tree to put points into other trees, yes? Blood’s final two tiers are irrelevant in defining what role the tree is when you can just…not take them.

There’s been several dev posts proving the all 3 DK trees were designed with BOTH tanking and dps in mind. They nerfed blood dps and unholy tanking (since nobody did the latter and the former was considered too op)

Blood DPS has always been a spec and saying otherwise is akin to denying history.

1 Like

Until you run into a premade. Then it’s like doing 100mph into a concrete wall.

due to blood gorged being a 10% damage increase, yes, absolutely. No tank is sitting above 75% to maintain that damage increase. There are no tank talents in warrior, paladin, or feral that increase damage based on HIGH HP, but there are talents in their trees that are increase defense at LOW HP.

You need to wake up.

1 Like

Oh I agree that it was a DPS, I’m just wondering why this time around, via WOTLK Classic, people are saying it’s not and just a meme.

3 Likes

Because people are minmaxers and think the only optimal method is the only method that should exist.

3 Likes

Yet, are you not one against RDF? Isn’t RDF creating more than one way to do something? Pfft…

Valadian don’t talk about RDF challenge (impossible)

Am I doing it wrong then with my frost dk in wrath? Cuz he is one hundred percent dps. And I have yet to see a tank that isn’t blood…

Stop selectively ignoring statements. Yes, the class was designed so that any tree could tank or dps, that doesn’t mean blood is dps it means it can dps. In the same way that Warriors have (or, had, idk if it’s still around personally I’ve never cared about it in the first place) a “gladiator” build, it’s effective enough to work but you’re still not playing to the relevant tree’s full strength

Nevermind that Blood Gorged just isn’t worth 5 talent points to begin with, you do realize Blood’s entire shtick is self-healing? It is literally the “take damage and then heal it back asap” tank

Will of the Necropolis - Damage that would take you below 35% health or taken while you are at 35% health is reduced by 15%. Blood tree. 9th tier

Mirror’s that way, bud

1 Like

This was a good example of flamebait that is in the spirit of classic. Brought good memories of trolololololol in times pasts.

Well played

Dual wield frost is the way to go. Get hit/expertise capped and ensure you selected threat of thassarian, and any other offhand/dual wield boosts in frost. Then, go ham.

10% damage increase and ignores 10% of enemy armor at all times…you’re lying through your teeth and have discredited yourself. well done, you outplayed yourself.

1 talent doesn’t make a tank. Like I stated before there are 29 talents in the tree, and 24 are DPS increases or DPS CDs, not tanking. 83% of the tree is damage increases so you’ve mathematically be proven incorrect.

What happened was Blizzard OVER NERFED them back in the day, and need to course correct for classic.

Title is pure troll. Blood was always a tank spec. Next.

not in patch 3.4 they weren’t

You’re wrong, Blood is DPS. Nice try!