Buff Heart Strike | Blood DK is DPS not tank

This might be, but my raid team did have a Blood DK in heroic ICC25. I get it, some people might think this didn’t happen, but it did, at least for my team. We actually had 2 Blood, 1 Unholy, and no frost in the 25 man since our Enhancement Shaman brought the 20% haste.

But this way before… well, it was a different time is the only way to put it. Min/maxing existed, yes, but to the current degree and such we have now (and certain servers being out as well for a really long time as well), people have figured out which was better in general.

Sorry you have such a hard time with it. I tank in blood with ZERO issues.

I’ll likely switch to frost when better gear is had. But for now, I have zero threat issues, even with bursty crazy mages.

Yes let’s buff the strongest class ever released in World of Warcraft so one guy can enjoy dpsing as a tank spec. Wow

1 Like

he is talking about Blood DPS… not tanking.

Read his subject line. You’ll rethink what I wrote. :slight_smile:

ya when I hit 80 (hopefully tonight) I plan on hitting the training dummies hard as I am slotted for raids as UH.

sometimes in dungeons I seem to do really well single target and other times very poor. I have a tendancy to lose focus and start spamming abilities when I am tired

Theres the issue. Hes not trying to tank in blood like hes supposed to. Hes trying to DPS in it. Which is fine, but its not optimal and demand it be made optimal is weird.

Blood is NOT dps… Stop being silly

To be fair, Demon Hunters on release I think might have actually edged out over Death Knights…I still vividly remember getting ganked by a team of 5 raid geared players on mine, and winning

Though I can’t comment on 3.0 Death Knight so I might be wrong

I don’t think I was around for demon hunters on release, I was around for original DK release though lol. Death and decay causing permanent fear, them dying causes them to resurrect as an OP ghoul in arena that could 1v2 people. Was fun times lol

3.0 DKs were so broken that if your enemy team didn’t have any you could solo WSG. I remember walking across the map killing everybody in sight carrying the enemy flag and self-healing while killing their carriers and returning the flag.

I hate that Frost was turned into "NO, THIS IS SERIOUSLY A DUAL WIELD TREE" and 2H Frost is the “meme spec”. Frost was better when dual wield Frost was the meme spec. :expressionless:

Dual Wielding Death Knights … ughughguhgughguhghghhh

That’s why I’m Blood, cowcakes. :3

Inaccurate. The tank build depended upon the raid and it wasn’t always blood. I know because I tanked a lot of stuff in original wrath in a guild getting server firsts. There were a lot of competitive tank builds that were specific to bosses and the only thing they had in common was frost presence. A lot of weird stuff too. I remember doing wyrmrest temple and going an unholy tank build with unholy blight to pick up the whelps easy because they kept gibbing our healers on spawn before the non-dk tanks could pick them up. The current patch we’re on changes that ability from what it was originally (just a massive aoe that ticked on all enemies that could be kept up almost indefinitely via runic power) so that’s not doable anymore. That’s kinda the kicker that changes things, we’re on a specific patch where blood dps was nerfed, specifically rune weapon was hit very hard. Blood was always reliant on heavy armor penetration which isn’t available until later raids and rune weapon carried them early on because it mimicked everything and wasn’t as reduced as it is in this specific patch. Frost and unholy, for min/maxers, is gonna be the go to dps specs but blood as dps is gonna be fine for people not pushing server firsts. It won’t be optimal, but it won’t be terrible. Of the 3 specs blood will probably be the most universally used tank spec but people not pushing top tier stuff will be able to tank just fine using the other two specs. As long as they don’t try to duel wield tank which just made my head hurt.

You started your novel off with false information and I’m not reading the rest of it.

tl;dr WRONG

1 Like

lol, hey whatever you need to tell yourself to prop up that ego.

God, I freaking hate the current version we have. I loved covering myself in a swarm of insects and walking past stuff in dungeons.

No it isn’t. Blood is the tank spec in Wrath. This isn’t cata. You can off tank or tank in Frost because NaXX is stupid easy.

Oh I know. Man I had forgotten just how much dk’s changed over the course of the expansion. Unholy blight as a tank before this version was ridiculously awesome.

That said, I kinda get why they went with this patch. Blood early before rune weapon got nerfed with late game armor pen would have been a monster.

Blood was also designed as a DPS spec in original WoTLK. Why do you think all the DPS DK tier pieces have Blood bonuses on them?

The fact that it was nerfed during WoTLK doesn’t change the fact that Blood was also designed as a DPS spec.

1 Like