Buff Heart Strike | Blood DK is DPS not tank

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/1015#class=DeathKnight

You huff to much copium

I was quoting data from the Dead Knights FAQ, which is the largest repository of DK theorycrafting and data and linked on the DK class discord with 20k+ members.
https://boukx.github.io/dk/#which-is-better-frost-or-unholy

I wasn’t aware they were utterly wrong and incorrect, you should take it up with them.

… you don’t know how to read logs or properly interpret any of that data.

You do realize that the 99% has a top end spread of 2.3k dps right? lmao

It literally shows it, there is nothing to read.

I’m not going to sit here and do the job that the American school system failed to do. You don’t know how to properly interpret the data you’re citing.

When the 95th percentile has a spread of 4.2k :clown_face:

You literally have no argument, there is nothing to argue. At every single bracket, at every single percentile range. There is no situation where BDK is within 10% of either Frost or Unholy.

The highest BDK parse is literally below the 40th percentile for both DPS spec’s.

Show me this magical 10%

You’re only strengthening my entire point on how Blood DPS needs to be buffed. Thank you.

1 Like

They won’t buff it if you buff BDK you have to buff everyone else suffering from broken mechanics which will result in the same spread.

You just have to deal with it, as everyone else did in the origina WoTLK

You don’t know this, you just assume this.

It’s not even remotely an assumption, show me where they factually flat buffed a spec in classic? I am not talking about fixing mechanics and interactions with items. That is a completely different argument.

BDK is not a tank, it never was a tank in the last half of WoTLK. People are doing what they did with vanilla classic where they remember incorrectly. Originally how it was designed frost was the tank spec and was later swapped mid expansion and later solidified in Cata.

There is nothing to change, if you buff one spec. You have to fix everyone else. You don’t get special treatment.

Yeah, I remember when all classes were fixed in TBC Classic when Same faction paladin seals were announced. Oh wait, that never happened, even if arguably should.
I thought we were supposed to just “deal with it like in the original”.

I’m going to reiterate:

You don’t know how to read logs.

Highest Blood (Runeblade) DPS on Patchwerk is 7,010 in 2:06.
Highest Frost DPS on Patchwerk is 8,817 in 1:41.
Highest Unholy DPS on Patchwerk is 11,981 in 1:24.

At 1:24 the Frost DK was doing 9,000 DPS.
At 1:24 the Blood DK was doing 8,000 DPS.

Unholy Frenzy is a separate entity in logs to prevent people from cheesing parses. The Blood DK’s UF was doing 250 DPS in that 2:06 kill, by 1:24 it would have been doing more than 300 DPS.

If the top Blood DPS on Patchwerk was in the same kill as the top UH DK, he would have done over 1,000 more DPS. At 1:24 in his kill, including UF, he was doing 8,300 DPS. Less than 10% difference compared to the Frost DK at the same timestamp.

You don’t know how to properly interpret the data on warcraftlogs, I hope this helped you understand a little more. You also mentioned a huge DPS spread and didn’t even consider any reasons why that may be. People look at logs and with a very basic surface level understanding, make completely inaccurate statements.

1 Like

i dont need a source they didnt do any class changes in classic or TBC they are not going to start in wrath

Same faction paladin seals wasn’t a class change in TBC Classic? Uh huh.

yeah ok forgot about that change. they changed that for balance so that both ally and horde pallies would be equal in the DPS they could do

no other abilites have been buffed or nerfed and its going to remain that way

If you don’t count the times abilities were nerfed and buffed in classic then yes, no abilities will be nerfed or buffed. Makes total sense.

im looking though the patch notes for classic and TBC classic and im not seeing any other class changes aside from pally

Well said Delimicius, I think this alone dispels any belief that blood DPS is a “meme”.

it’s weird how all the “Blood is NOT DPS!” people went quiet after this dropped.

Blood DPS is not a meme and never will be

what are you even talking about? Blood DPS is a meme

1 Like