Buff Heart Strike | Blood DK is DPS not tank

used to be really awesome dps build once you got a ton of armor pen in blood but blood has the most abilities to keep you alive tanking.

You’re in over ylur head Pete.

In Wrath blood was more PvE, but the simple truth is, blood and frost were meant to be either or.
This whole hazy memory thing is due to the fact that DKs were changed immediately after Wrath, which is ancompletely different animal. Its not even the same species, hell its bot even in the same galaxy.

DKs were reworked prior to Cata prepatch so that Blood was the intended tanking tree, and Frost and Unholy were the intended DPS trees. It’s just that heroics are so easy you can tank in Frost (and honestly should, due to the AoE threat).

1 Like

So i can has more dps as well then as prot warrior?
Later on we got gladiator stance so why not now? We have abilities to boost our 1 handed damage So prot should be able to dps.

i want more dps as protpally aswell. 3,8k dps on patchwork is not enough, i need 6k! Now!

Blood became more popular late game due to the inflated stats, this allowed Blood Tanks to obtain a lot more avoidance as well as larger health pools without having to gem for anything beyond Stamina. Frost can literally tank everything including ICC Heroics, however due to people who were obsessed with minmaxing and getting world firsts, they determined Blood was marginally better and thus try hards jumped on the band wagon.

1 Like

I remember everyone talking smack on Blood up until they started using it with the ICC buff aura.

1 Like

Lets also give blood DK’s frost bolt and Kitty form.

2 Likes

You must not play morb UH.

Frost bolt and kitty form is a nerf. 100 Runic Power turns death coil into Demon Form Chaos Bolt from warlock trees.

1 Like

You need to go back to 3.0 if you want the triple spec DK tank and for every spec to work as DPS.

You can always let live the dream, and be the highest parsing blood DPS dk in the logs!

For a spec that is a “tank that can DPS” the difference between UH DPS and Blood DPS should be considerable but we know it’s not that much of a difference so should just have the gap closed. It ain’t meme, just bad PR

So the Deathstrike Glyph was fixed and its bonus shoukd be doubled. I know for me its HS Melee DS for my top 3. I wonder how much of a dps percent increase this was.

It’s still phase 1 and heart strike deserves to be buffed to make blood dps more competitive. No one is asking for a crazy OP advantage, just keep it more fair.

They won’t be buffing anything for wrath classic

Prot Warrior should be a DPS spec /s

Blood is already better than people think. The top parsing Blood DK on Patchwerk is a little over 7k in a 2:06 fight. The top Fury Warrior did 7,300 on a 1:49 fight. At 1:49 on the Blood DK’s fight, he was doing 7,300 DPS (excludes Unholy Frenzy which is 250 more DPS in the log.

DPS Blood DK’s already do more single target DPS than Fury and Arms Warriors, as well as Ret Paladins. Once some more ARP gear is available in Ulduar, they’re going to get a nice bump. It has some utility with Mark of Blood and it self heals, Blood is fine where it is.

Source??

It’'s only -10% worse on average than Unholy/Frost, but apparently that means it’s a “meme”. If you don’t believe it, head to the Blight Club discord and ask what they think.

The problem is it lacks AOE damage. Buffing Heart strike would help with cleave and aoe dmg as we could shift talents to morb.

It’'s only -10% worse on average than Unholy/Frost, but apparently that means it’s a “meme”. If you don’t believe it, head to the Blight Club discord and ask what they think.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/1015#class=Any

BDK highest dps parse is literally below other tank specs and meme spec dps. It quite literally doesnt matter how much copium a discord huffs, there is empirical data saying your flat out wrong.

You don’t know how to read logs.