Buff Heart Strike | Blood DK is DPS not tank

All the dk specs can tank but I think unholy is a little squish in doing so,however,Blood spec has the most oh crap buttons to keep you going.

It should sane with frost mage arms warrior abd sub rogue

Im not worried about blood dps in pvp honestly but tanking i woukdnt wanna make them OP. Id like to say buff DRW since many leave to get IIT, or maybe a takent that modifies blood presence since tanks are still in frist, or maybe a takent making DC hit harder for us to help our single target. I dobt think hs or ds needs a change

then just buff Dancing Rune Weapon’s scaling. Get it on par with Gargoyle

Yes but we are in the final patch(es) of WotLK, where Blizzard were starting to lean more into Blood becoming the main tanking spec, as you can see with what they did in Cata. If this was one of the earlier patches then I agree, but since we are not then I would have to say that at this point Blizzard was weaning people off Blood dps because they wanted it to tank.

Last patch logic doesn’t make for valid argument nor does where it went in Cata. It’s a DPS and tank, but they over nerfed it and it is left in an unfinished spot.

1 Like

Blizzard didn’t want it to be that though, that’s why they nerfed it…

It’s not unfinished at all, it is one of the best tanks and it does decent damage. There’s a reason you see a whole lot of unholy dps but very few unholy tanks, it just isn’t as cut out for it as blood is.

So we should ask for unholy tank buffs too

1 Like

I mean you can if you want, but I highly doubt Blizzard is going to do balance changes unless something is insanely broken

and blizzard didn’t want to give you classic, and here we are…in a game that was released for the second time. hmmm

Ok but you are talking about WoD Blizzard while I am referring to WotLK Blizzard, if you think that they are the same mindset then idk what to tell ya.

I like to add to this, one of the very first talents in the blood tree is about-REDUCING THREAT. GENERATION.

Like come on, its like people cant read.

or just look at the spec, its like over 90% of the spec is dps focused.

This is a relic from when all three specs were intended to be viable for tanking and DPS. That was changed by mid-late Wrath, and we are using the final balancing patch.

This means Blood DK is intended to be a tank, and Frost/Unholy are intended to be a DPS.

1 Like

I mean, you can still DPS as Blood, you’re just gonna have to try a lot harder to get where you want to be.

I believe Blood still competitive on a single target environment with no adds. But wotlk raid and dungeon farvours aoe dps. I mean the best dps built for dk is all dw, even unholy is using this werid dw morb spec. Blood actually does more burst damage in pvp than unholy.

Blood is tank, frost and unholy are dps.

You wanting to be blood dps doesn’t make blood dps. Don’t expect them to balance the game around you.

What’s next, bear dps?

1 Like

I dont care how hard nerds want to optimize fun out of the game I’m going to play what I want when I want and how I want to play it.

People are acting like this game isn’t already solved and just a nostalgia tour.

2 Likes

Blood was originally designed as a dps does raid healing with old blood aura, but they were redesigned. Lets be real, Blizzard isnt redesign museum projects. It is really shame we are not getting the first patch but last patchs. This happened with vanila classic, kind sad not getting originally experience.

Just like the very early design of survival in vanila was melee, it had raptor or moongose strike as end point.

unholy is a joke lol

cast ya 2-3 abilties and wait 16 seconds for the runes to come back.

2 Likes

exactly. according to the logic of some of the people in here the healing means it’s for tank, just like shadow priest’s vamp embrace right?..shadow priest tank!