Buff Frost DK pvp

Can you buff frost dk? I get complains in arena that my damage is not high enough and die to fast, its hard to find arena partners.

22 Likes

Already re-rolled shadow, huh?

1 Like

Queue TSG.

Fixed.

I’m thinking about rolling Warrior or Paladin. I like playing frost but it does not offer enough to be competitive.

It offers plenty, the issue is that there is a lot of over-tuned classes running equally over-tuned comps. Our ST could use a buff, I’d say.

I mean, look at balance druid with convoke. Absolutely broken.

Edit: our defensives are horrid, however avoid running double DPS. Get yourself a great healer.

9 Likes

Warriors with a healer vs healer combs they can still kill someone, for DK its hard, burst is not consistent.

3 Likes

You’ll get slaughtered double dps unless you’re going like boomy or afflock.

Boomy? easy. grip, absolute zero, chill streak - boomy convokes.

However, I’m running with a hpal. The games last much longer, but I’m having better luck than when he was ret.

Frost dk is fine

2 Likes

Mes currently rank 1 in 3v3 with DK. Doesn’t hurt playing with a geared af Monk since they’re strong right now.

2 Likes

2s is hard to get pass 1400, frost has a small burst window, after that you hit like wet noodles.

6 Likes

Only thing that DKs need is a buff to death strike healing in general and necrotic strike for unholy. Frost DK damage also lacks outside of pillars of frost but that could be fixed with a damage buff to frost strike.

6 Likes

Frost dk doesn’t need anything, it’s completely viable to get basically any Cr with

1 Like

Interesting to hear this from a level 45 DK, who avoided my question when asked what your experience is with FDK in this current meta.

It’s a 1 shot meta, in 2s it’s a struggle against many comps who in comparison, breeze through it. The single target burst isn’t there.

They do fair much better in 3s, however.

13 Likes

other than the unnerfs some armor passives would be nice

1 Like

2s are whatever, I haven’t played dk in shadowlands I’ve just qued into them and they felt fine, very scary burst setups and anti mobility, the spec is fine

Makes sense.

22 Likes

You can’t even argue the points I made about dk because they’re true lol

FDK’s single target burst is not competitive against current meta.

Our cleave is good, yes. Heart Stop etc is great, yes. However with the poor defensives and lack of single target in a 1 shot meta to say the spec is fine is being dishonest.

If you look at the spec in a closed environment, sure. But that’s not how you determine that.

12 Likes

It’s easy to say the spec is fine, when you don’t even play it.

13 Likes

You don’t need to have high single target as well as having the ability to multi kill people in your chill streak goes

1 Like