Buff Frost DK pvp

I don’t say this with any contempt, because I used to enjoy playing Frost DK as well. But the spec is mind numbingly simple. Above all else, if they are going to buff it, they could really add some viability to other talents for example. Introduce one of them as baseline. Make the spec interesting again…

The playstyle is just too generic, predictable and above all else not fun in my opinion. Unholy on the other hand is very engaging and requires some thought process, you have more to keep track of

I don’t want to have to play Frost BoS again to max my DPS. Please buff the other Frost DK talents to be more competitive at the very least. Or just keep Unholy as the better spec until you can fix Frost lol

3 Likes

Frost DKs need a bit of a rework… but not too much because they feel good and are fun, need just a few little tweaks.

Obliterate is great and all but thats our burst, not a finisher. Feels like a warrior with 1/2 the defensives and no finishing ability. I’ve had moderate success in arena but I rarely get the kill cause classes like ret and arms have to give that final blow since we just can’t most times.

Frost DKs need either more defenses or an execute is what I believe to compete competitively. Just my opinion though

2 Likes

me and that mechagnome think merciless combat should be brought back

as for defences bring’n back what we lost going into legion would be a nice thing to have

also undo those nerfs should happen

1 Like

You meh 2’s so it’s pointless to have this convo.

Chill streak is not a 1 shot in this meta. You have to have an IQ of 0 to let that happen.

5 Likes

So you’re saying whenever dks like mes do it to rank 1 players, those rank 1 players must suck huh

Are you really trying to use a Rank 1 as a defense that a class is prime?

L.M.F.A.O

5 Likes

You’re saying that you have to have an iq of 0 to lose to chill streak and that’s simply not true, if that was the case then the best players wouldn’t ever lose to it lol

That’s like saying a stock Camaro can out run, idk a pourche 911 in nurburgring with a pro-driver behind it, therefor that Camaro, overall is just as fast.

2 Likes

I really don’t think you understand how good chill streak is, it’s a button that forces cooldowns and will end games

I get everyone on the dk forums wants to say AHHH MY CLASS SUCKS PLEASE BUFF, but at least recognize that your class isn’t low tier garbage lmao

Oh I understand.

Go play the current meta, please.

5 Likes

I do play the current meta, I main warrior, and I’ve lost to frost dk teams because of chill streak and heart stop aura, the only thing dk could use is a defensive boost, outside of that frost dk is super solid

Problem with frost is it’s not viable if you can’t get off chill streak. If you aren’t dedicated to that play style then you need to find a different spec because it’s tuned around that 1 ability.

2 Likes

That’s fair to say, but it’s so powerful that idk why you wouldn’t use it

cuz its unreliable.
easily countered.

7 Likes

Tends to require coordination with a partner of a certain spec, but now that we have an AoE blind and stun (with legendary) it should be a lot better.

It’s not unreliable if you set it up with an aoe stun from a ww or a dh, or just do it with absolute zero, it’s not hard to pull off and it always gets major cds or wins you the game

To succeed in 3v3 at all you need coordination with a partner though

nah man i think we should simply remove it and buff something else.
Playing around 1 skill its not fun.

edit: buff our damage outside burst.

5 Likes

I’m not gonna argue the FUN of it, if you wanna buff your single target to some absurd levels then you’d have to remove chill streak, if you wanna ask for that then fine. But I think frost dk would be less competitive, and playing around mashing obliterate over and over is actually less iq than getting chill streak go’s lol