Buff Disc Priest

The man has spoken :pray:

1 Like

Based on my personal experience, as a Disc Priest ranked in the top 20 on the SS ladder and within the rank 1 range, I’ve noticed some significant challenges:

1. I often run out of mana before other healers. One major issue is the unreliability of Shadowfiend, which can be easily kited or CC’ed. The abundance of aoe roots, stuns, and slows adds to the problem.
  2. Disc Priest’s damage output is quite low compared to other healers. In the past, Disc was known for its damage healing, but now other healers like Evokers, Hpalas, Shamans, and Holy Priests surpass us in dealing damage, you dont trust me listen to him
    clips. twitch.tv/ DrabOriginalPuppyCoolStoryBro-b44F21HnTwkID6EJ
  3. Our healing power is lacking. For instance, an Evoker or Paladin can easily sustain 120k HPS at 2400 MMR in SS, whereas the best I can manage is around 75k, and then I run out of mana after just 6 million healing if I am forced into that much healing power and I dont have the time to roll my atonement healing. It feels like I’m constantly mashing buttons with little effect.
  4. After the dome nerf, our cooldowns are not impactful enough to handle the 2023 damage profiles. Often, damage ramps up quickly and continues to spike every 30 seconds, and even a combination of Pain Suppression, Rapture, 2x Radiance, Penance, and Flash Heal fails to save people from dying most of the time.
  5. Purge the Wicked costs 4500 mana? for real Blizzard :joy: (for some info resto shaman flame shock is 700 mana, holy priest pain dot is again 700 mana)

In summary, as a Disc Priest, I find the spec mediocre in every aspect currently - be it healing, damage, or cooldowns.

4 Likes

maybe im being a dum dum but how do i get that link to work that you posted?

I bearly see the point of giving these people feedback anymore. I know from my job how easily they can scrape our feedback from forums, from social media, from twich etc and draw insights from it and fix problems it would be so easy to make this game good but they don’t make quality improvements, market the game correctly, and interact with the PVP community.

Instead, they show us disdain to leave issues like MC, priest mana, bad damage & Healing numbers, and tanks in PVP for a decade +. I honestly just don’t think they respect us as customers even for our money.

I used to buy all the Blizzard games and some micro-transactions now I purchase as little as possible to not give them money - great customer lifetime value (CLV) management from a company that requires people to have 5+ years of industry experience to work for them - how are they this bad?

They think PVPers are a small customer base but they clearly don’t respect the money or negative sentiment we put into other Blizzard games, does anyone here actually ask their friends to play any Blizzard games anymore? There are no good PVPers that encourage people to play the game, everything they have to say is negative because WOW has been a massive crapshow for ages. Any game with a loyal customer base that hates them this much is going to die off sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Agree 100%. Balancing disc is always going to be awkward when our throughput and mana are centered around atonement.

In the short-term, it seems like a few talent tweaks here and there would make the spec feel a lot better. As others have already mentioned, healing through penance should feel more impactful than it currently does.

Changing/buffing contrition seems like an obvious thing to do. Harsh Discipline could almost just be baseline at this point (prob break pve? idk).

The one that really blows my mind is the Trinity (pvp talent)… Maybe it’s just me, but how has this not been updated at all since SL? Does anyone ever take this, in any circumstance?

Why not something as simple as the following to make it at least somewhat compelling?

Trinity
(passive)
Atonement’s duration is increased by 15 sec, but can only be applied through Power Word: Shield AND RENEW.

Smite, Penance and Shadowfiend critical strike chance increased by 30% when you have Atonement on 3 or more allies.

1 Like

you remove the spaces (idk why blizz aint letting me post full link) so i used spaces like www .google .co m

there is a space in front of twitch.tv and another space in front of DrabOriginal

its literally one of the most worthless abilities in the entire game

1 Like

this is why i think buffing penance and focusing on it its not the move :slight_smile: unless ofc penance gives you aura mastery during channeling lol

lvling with WM on while in a party of 3 :joy:

Disc priests SAVED!!!

5 Likes

Thank you blizz!

2 Likes

i was about to unsub but i am addicted :frowning:

2 Likes

Does the casting priest not count as an ally for this purpose?

it does count, so its “you” + 2 others = a party of 3

1 Like

I wonder if this redesign will include more atonement, what are your bets guys?

Looking at their other redesigns however they were quite great, like palas both ret and holy are actually fun to play.

So should the disc players have high hopes or nerf dk’s more?

Disc is already really fun to play design-wise imo. For pvp I don’t think we need any talent changes, guess I’m open to it but if they just buffed our healing in pvp disc would be perfect. The most recent changes were all very centered around pve, hoping they come with more pvp specific stuff soon as they still didn’t address pvp outliers.

1 Like

buff penance and bring back shadowmend

I’d say cautiously optimistic. Them specifically mentioning talent design is a good thing imo. Hopefully that means they’re putting a bit more thought into it than just: “oh those guys? uhhm lets just toss in a 4% atone buff and call it a week”

1 Like

Give us base healing in PVP buffs and make lights wrath hit harder than a train in arena.

1 Like

I’m not so open to it. I 've found the only thing worse than blizzard doing nothing is blizzard trying to do anything.