Buff alliance racials or BC will be worse than classic

its simple. bc is going to have far far worse server population issues unless you buff alliance to at least WOTLK level racials. This is a fact and needs to be discussed now as much as possible before it causes problems later.

#nochanges does not work in 2020 im sorry

37 Likes

Naw man it’s not the racials, horde will just become that much more “aesthetically pleasing” in BC.

lol

33 Likes

Racials are fine, class design was and always is more important, neither of which is going to change in BC or vanilla servers.

6 Likes

I cant wait for 99% horde pop in TBC and I can’t wait to reserve my Orc War’s name.

FOR THE HORDE… Oh, wait not yet. FOR THE ALLIANCE!

11 Likes

Everyone knows you roll horde if you’re a try hard PvPer.

2 Likes

What if I told you don’t need 101% optimization to complete raids or get good pvp gear?

Shocking I know

Also, Draenei>Belf

14 Likes

This message was lost on the vast majority who will roll horde in TBC.

But good luck to ya if you wanna try and spread that word

9 Likes

My guess majority of the hardcore guilds will be horde but there will an equal amount of casual guilds between horde and alliance.

Playing WoW with friends and a low stress environments is how I like to play.

2 Likes

My guess is you are going to see a large swing of imbalance. Which is what this thread’s about.

2 Likes

Considering alliance is vastly superior in classic and still there was this imbalance

I’m not sure any amount of racials is going to have a substantive effect.

Paladins > shaman by such a wide margin in most scenarios…No amount of racials would change people’s minds if that didn’t

8 Likes

It’s funny how the TBC crowd paints TBC as this perfect game where arena and class changes fixed everything.

Reality is, blood elves and pvp will probably destroy faction balance on every single TBC server.

Without some kind of system to force faction balance tbc will be a :poop:show, the amount of blood elf paladins will be insane compared to draenei, and the pvprs will all be horde for arena.

Class design gets a little bit better, but at the same time arenas introduce a whole new level of chaos to class balancing which puts every class under the microscope and just bring rise to new FOTM arena comps that dominate anyone not playing a meta comp.

Hope you like leatherworking to, those haste buff drums are mandatory in raiding.

20 Likes

Not wrong, Horde just gets “better”, ally, not so much. And it’s going as I said it would, just be full of min/max cookie cutters, and I hate it.

1 Like

laughs in PvE server

12 Likes

Laughs in crowd of 3,000 Blood Elf Paladins on your PvE server

18 Likes

Horde doesnt have dwarves.

That should settle it.

11 Likes

Horde Queue will be even more hilarious though in TBC. And they are going to RAGE about it, unless it’s arena. But the funny thing is, you do not need both factions for TBC, you just need one. So most people are probably not, maybe, play on a pvp server because of this unless they are the dominate faction, or the ONLY faction on the server.

The meta gamer at work I suppose. Ruining great games for a “easy mode” play style.

4 Likes

I will for the first time in my wow career… play on a PVE server. My emotes will be super strong.

5 Likes

Alliance racials, for the most part, are okay in tbc. for pvp human perception is solid, gnome escape artist is great, stoneform is a bit nerfed due to blind no longer being a poison but still good. night elf shadowmeld/drink can be really nice.
Draenei pvp, on the other hand? Garbage. Gift of the naaru is unmitigated garbage. Cast time, dispellable, barely heals anything at all. If any racial needs to be buffed its that.
That said racials aren’t the main culprit, though they certainly contribute. The main issue is seal of blood. It makes one faction significantly, mathematically better in both pvp and pve. If someone is serious about playing pally in tbc they go blood elf. Its that simple. And that needs to be fixed.

9 Likes

Yes it will. Nothing can be done about it, nothing will be done about it.

TBC pvp server balance will be atrocious. If you want to go Alliance go to a pve server.

2 Likes

There will probably be more blood elf Paladins, than Draenei as an entire race.

18 Likes