Brokentooth for Hunters?

If you intend to roll a hunter, how much of a necessity is this thing? The rare spawn cat in the Badlands which has 1.0 attack speed. I know its good for PvP spellcasting push back but how useful is it in actuality? Is it something that can be ignored if you don’t feel like joining the camping or is it significant enough that it should be considered?

If you get tired of camping for Brokentooth, you could try a ZG bat when ZG is open.

Or the Rake, in Mulgore, not quite as fast, but for the level, not bad.

As a skinner, I have just as much need for brokentooth as any hunter does. Cya at the spawn points.

3 Likes

For spell pushback and holding mob aggro, its the best, and will be till zg bats are available. Do you have to have the best? Up to you i guess

1 Like

Broken Tooth is as good as any other cat in PvE and as useless as any other pet in raids

Turtle can survive the longest

1 Like

I never even used a cat. Outside dungeons, I used a flapping snake. Shock is nature damage, 20y range, far more useful than a silly cat. Granted, if you’re night elf, stealth on your pet can be fun, but I was orc.

Non-hunters are going to camp it just to stop anyone from getting it

Good luck

Pet DPS is normalized so slower hitting pets hit harder anyways

For PVE any cat is going to have as much dps as broken tooth

wot? are the bats in ZG high end like brokentooth? i’m not familiar with all the specific beast names that happen to be better when tamed

I like you

1 Like

They are not necessary, there are plenty of cats with a 1.2 speed. Yes Brokentooth is the fastest pet in classic, but if you are not a min/max diehard pvp’er, then you can do just fine with another cat.

Doesn’t matter all pet speeds are normalized…

They have the same fast attack speed, and the screech ability, which is nice for interrupting casters. Or…it’s been a while, maybe it was just a debuff back then.

if you are pvp’ing, the speed is important for spell casting push back. that cat is the fastest pet in classic, so yeah if you are min/maxing pvp, its pretty much necessary. The dps will be no better, but it will have a lot more chance to break casting or slow it down than any other animal out there.

I prefer using the windserpents as the magic ignores armour and is a great focus dump. The fact that it’s a ranged ability is great for gaining aggro too.

1.9 2.0 attack speeds aren’t that bad either.

1 Like

Pet attack speeds were not normalized by 1.12, and 1.13 is in the same state. It came with the TBC prepatch I believe, movement speed was normalized by 1.12 however.

There is an entire thread on this I believe it was the one asking for Hunters regarding Pets as the title.

broken tooth can’t learn screech, that one is only for bats, carrion birds and owls. Unfortunately.

I was referring to the Bloodseeker bat from ZG. They had a 1.0 attack speed and the screech ability. I recall having both Brokentooth and a bat on my hunter in vanilla :stuck_out_tongue: Good times.

Hes and epeen item for insecure hunters, and ugly to boot.
The player makes a hunter great.

well put.

1 Like

LOL I realize that now after scrolling up to read the post again LOL. I was coming back to edit mine when I saw this lol. Sigh.