BROKEN - Paladins now have windfury due to critical bug

Oh no! a paladin managed to kill one of the gank squad members! BUG! BUG! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Go back to camping flightpoints in level 45 zones

1 Like

4 members of a 5 man party, solo in under 10 seconds,

Legitimate pvp tatic on a pvp server I dont do this myself.

1 Like

How is camping a flightmaster pvp? It is zero risk honor farming yes, but lets not kid ourselves into thinking this behavior is “pvp”.

And yes, when the children get 1 shot by a paladin coming off a griffon they scream NOO FAIR NO FAIR BUG BUG! I had that flightpoint camped with 12 other people! I shouldn’t have died! EXPLOITS EXPLOITS!

The horde community is largely a bunch of children, that behave like children, and cry like children.

Especially when this bug vastly favors the horde with windfury procs… bu bu bu paladins can use it so reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! go cry on the forums the alliance can exploit spell batching too.

No FAIR! No Fair!

Lets not bother mentioning the horde pvp kings don’t even have to enter a contested zone until level 45, or that the guards around thier camps are all 60 elites while the alliance are zone level mobs…

Removing an escape path from your enemy is not an exploit. Killing players that land off a flight path without exploiting the honorless debuff off them is legit, mind controlling them to remove the debuff is an exploit

No one said its fair - but thats the point of a pvp server isnt it?

Who is here acting immature about a game? PvP server - Red = Dead. Head on over to a pve server if you want fair pvp.

Excuse me… Was there information on the character creation screen, or blizzard forum post that told me server population and faction balance when i created my character Aug 24th? What about when I registered my names 2 weeks prior?

Was there ever at any point any official statement regarding faction balance or server populations beyond there being too many players on certain realms?

Your argument for PvP is invalid.

Low, Medium, High and Full. On the server selection screen, before picking a server.

Server faction balance has never been officially released

Never in 15 years has Blizzard stepped in with regard to faction balance. The have offered free transfers off full realms to lower pop realms in both retail and Classic to adress the issue of total population.

Is it?

1 Like

People exploiting* spell batching.

Fixed it for you.

Yes, your argument is still invalid. “this is pvp server bruh” is a silly, childish trash player argument.

I specifically rolled alliance when my friends went horde because I wanted to be outnumbered, and I wanted fast BG queues.

15 years ago vanilla Wildhammer was mostly horde, and very, very rarely had any issues questing in the world, but it was very noticeable in queue times for BG’s with the horde waiting several hours for a match.

This is the ONLY information a person would have in regards to how a classic pvp server would be, based on actual personal experience… MY OWN.

This is not vanilla, this isn’t even a close approximation. Red=Dead doesn’t work in a game where 75% of the players are all on one team, and every zone has hundreds of people in it.

Wildhammer server was a medium population server, probably 2000-2500 players. Servers now have well over 5000 since they squashed layers.

How many alliance would CHOOSE to play alliance pvp had they been given ANY information regarding server population actual numbers, or faction numbers… very very very very few.

And now the point. Even though you kiddie horde have everything spoon fed to you with raid boss level guards, not having to leave your “comfort” zones until level 45, your drastically better racials, overwhelming numbers at every level, in every zone, on all but one pvp server…

But despite all of these advantages,
The second you get killed by an alliance meme you cry FOUL! FOUL! EXPOLOITS! and run to papa blizz blizz to make the bad pally go away.

Have fun on your red=dead server, or should I say dead server.

Alliance meme is a pally blowing up 1 target. No issue here
Paladin in Molten Core gear kills 5 horde solo by abusing in game bugs for extra instant attacks. Issue here

Thern we get to here - Said paladin in now in R14 gear because he was able to farm honor 5 times a faster than any other class due to an exploit (this one does affect you!) kills 15 horde solo by abusing an ingame bug. Big issue here

Phase 6 arrives. Said paladin is now in full BiS Naxx gear. MoM and an auto attack non crit for 1300. Solos ORG buy abusing an ingame bug. See how its a power creep issue and not that i died?

1 Like

Aaaaaaand the same bug effects windfury and all horde melee classes with a shaman present.

PvP on a pvp server bruh, no changes. It was in vanillia bruh.

1 Like

I also have an issue with this.

Using a /stopattack/startattack macro to gain additional extra attacks without proccing them was not in vanilla

Oh and dont forget to fast foward to:

Raid of 40 paladins all using Blessing of Sacrifice on each other. No matter who abuses the /sit/stand bug to create a free crit and therefore a rek proc 100% of the time - BoS will then pass that crit to each and every paladin to also proc rek - on 40 players - who then use the /stop/start attack macro exploit for not 40, but 80 instant attacks.

2 Likes

This doesn’t work. It did briefly, but got hotfixed. Blessing of sacrifice can no longer trigger teckoning like that.

They can only /sit /stand exploit themselves to get reckoning charges.

I do believe there is evidence of these kinds of macros working in vanilla, but it is still an exploit considering that blizz specifically tried to prevent /sit from triggering reckoning charges.

I suppose they could fix it without messing with spell batching by removing the guaranteed crit on sitting targets. Can’t macro workaround that change.

I’m not sure how they can fix the HoJ macro exploit. That one is a messy mechanic.

When was this hotfixed? I have not seen any info listing a change, only people saying it was hotfixed. Im not saying it hasnt been, but i like to read about these things.

You are the first paladin that has actually used the words ‘exploit’ to describe this action.

Thats one way to permantly fix the issue. No more ‘fake crits’ 100% of the time.

Its not just the hoj causing issues - its extra attacks in general. Make stopping your auto attack cause a gcd would pretty much negate people using it. It would still allow paladins to rek bomb via stacking thus not impacting the lolmemeretpvp, but it wont be viable to game it for procs in combat. It would also impact warrior/shaman/rogue also gaming it for additional procs.

It stopped working within a week or two of it being discovered. I don’t think it was a documented hotfix though.

It’s splitting hairs over what to call it. The ability to get stacks from a /sit macro is clearly unintended, based on the fact it was patched out. The fact spell batching still allows it if done really fast is pretty clearly doing something that isn’t intended. Exploit/workaround are pretty synonymous here.

There may be technical limitations that prevent it from being fully fixed without a larger change (like stopping guaranteed crits on /sit).

I know that. Easier to just call it the HoJ exploit because that’s how it was made popular.

If blizz can fix it, they absolutely should. If not, well, I guess that a flurry axe + HoJ spelladin build could become quite nice for pve dps.

1 Like

Ironfoe + HoJ.

Thrash Blade cross Sword Spec Arms cross Flurry Axe cross Axe Spec Arms buffed with Windfury Totem and a HoJ. No bloodthirst. No mortal strike. No enrage. No flurry. Deathwish for the execute phase. We can call it - the procs build.

Here is the white damage min/max meta build for a warrior!!!

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warrior/303150213025005-0505300502001

Paladin would likely go with flurry axe due to the higher speed and proc rate.

The macro bumping up the extra attacks by 1 makes it relatively larger for flurry axe, which will also be getting almost twice as many triggers due to the higher proc rate.

The higher speed also lets paladin get way more seal of righteousness hits, which can also trigger the extra hits, and all scale with a flat 10% of spell damage, so more hits = better.

Then weapon oils and dragonbreath chili also scale with spell power on a fixed proc rate, so for pallys at least, I imagine flurry axe would win out.

Well said. Flurry axe + HoJ it is.

You realize the HoJ exploit isn’t paladin or PvP specific?

I can do it on my Horde Rogue and suddenly be WFing stun locked people.

Or on my Ally Warrior and nuke a boss in seconds.

This is a glitch and should be patched. The Waahhhh Horde meanies Ally the b3st! Or Ally sissies and Horde 4lyf is the most persistently childish response. Especially in regard to actual bugs.

1 Like

Have you also posted in the bug forum?

The cesspool of people crying about AvH isn’t prevalent there and it may be addressed.

do your research buddy…

its been around since vanila…its NOT a bug OR an exploit…its “cleaver use of game mechanics”

Srsly …research before you babble a bunch of nonsense…

1 Like