Bring Twink Queues Back

Alosis, come visit for a few. Gallant…you too…

It’s not a secret. You know who he is. I’m puzzled why you’re not linking it. Keystuck?

And… enchantment? How many times do I need to ask?

And back on topic. I really don’t see why people wouldn’t want it. No levelers ruining your battleground by taking objectives or getting in your way. Nobody to complain about you. Sounds like paradise to me…

There is no gear progression until you are max level, You out level the gear that WOW throws even if all you did was play BG’s with exp on. That’s almost like saying you have to do Uldir Mythic before you can go into BOD on normal, because you know progression.

Except their is no twinking at max level. At that point everyone is able to obtain the same ilvl gear or relatively close to. At max level the only thing that holds someone back gear wise is not wanting to. Prior to that what holds you back is, having gold to buy what you need to cap out, having the ability to craft what you need, People that are willing to push you through stuff for gear. Hell I had a guy ask me to push him through a 20 dungeon so he could gear up.

You can’t because you wont have the ilvl that is required of you to even join LFR since it requires 350. So are you suggesting we put an ilvl cap on BG’s? “your to high and can’t que til you level.”

Your right it does reward progression so why halt your progression by turning off your exp? You don’t want to be rewarded?

If you have reached max ilvl or close to why stay at that level? I am sure you will throw some cruddy excuse at this but the answer is simple you either don’t have the skill to play someone on equal footing or you enjoy 1-2 shotting people knowing that you are making some person you don’t know mad.

LOL! really?!?! Yes fighting people on equal footing is totally getting something handed to them.

Troll on…

Yes, there is a problem. I will admit. The problem is players once again want things dumbed down so they can compete. They wanted casual raiding, so Blizzard made LFR. They wanted easier access to gold so Blizzard made WoW Tokens. They didn’t want to work for their character so Blizzard made easily bought level 110’s. They didn’t want to run to instances because “It’s too far.” so Blizzard made RDF. Every time people in this game whine and moan about something not being fair, Blizzard overreacts. It’s like clockwork. People didn’t like twinks having the ability to get old school raid armor and set bonuses, so they put Legacy Set rules in. So now, people want their hands held so they can compete on the same level as everyone else. We want to be able to compete with no gear in some of our slots at level 60. I don’t want to have to buy enchantments, and furthermore if I want to use hunter armor as a paladin, by God I want to do the same damage!

Face it. Your entire argument is based around the fact that once again, casual players want laziness rewarded so they can ‘compete’. Prove me wrong! Show me one post in this entire clown fiesta of a thread that said anything about them putting in more work on their character so they can compete. I’ll save you the trouble. You won’t find one. All you will find is the majority of anti-twink players complaining that someone who spent more time on their character is rewarded with better performance and that’s not fair. I’m tired of it. So you’re saying if you spend 30k gold or more on a character, run countless instances, farm your gear and enchantments you shouldn’t reap the fruit of your efforts by doing MORE versus a player who did not?

Such hypocrisy.

1 Like

Wait, what? You just contradicted yourself. There’s no gear progression even though you are progressing through gear… what?

Wrong. She’s right. At max level there is still gear progression in PvP. Furthermore, everything a twink has is available to you outside of some grandfathered in gear.

Why would they do that? I think you missed her point entirely. She’s saying you have to work to be able to do the same as a twink.

And you don’t have the skill to play against twinks. You’re proving that. If you did, we wouldn’t have this thread. Gear progression in BG’s is a thing, you don’t have to like it, it just is. Sadly, some people want to lazy through BG’s. Nobody forces you to queue, you made the decision. You chose to queue for a BG you weren’t prepared for. Suck it up princess and get better gear or just continue to queue for Random Dungeon Finder. If you want to compete you have to get the gear. Simple as that. Entire game based around -gear- and people complaining that they don’t want to fight for it.

3 Likes

And yet, you don’t want to gear up to fight them on even footing. Whose fault is that? The twinks? I’ll give you one guess. If you jump in a heroic and your DPS sucks because your gear sucks because you didn’t take the time to farm better gear because you’re too busy spending time playing Apex, whose fault is that?

Again, give you one guess.

2 Likes

What about all the twinks who complained how it “wasn’t fair” that they had to fight fair fights when queues were split? A couple of them posted in this very thread. It goes both ways, it seems.

2 Likes

Never said it doesn’t. Yes, there are some people who twink simply because they want to PWN all the time. It’s the same reason Rogues were the most played class in Vanilla WoW. It’s the same reason you have Warforged players jumping into LFR groups and complaining people aren’t ‘pulling their weight’. It’s the same reason raccoons grab shiny objects even if it’s going to cause their deaths. People are easily distracted by things: Be it large numbers, shiny objects, pretty lights and sound effects, people are distracted.

It’s been proven through human nature that most people will choose the path of least resistance over the harder path. I don’t think anyone can deny that laziness in most situations is rewarded more then hard work. This is why we have bad twinks in battlegrounds who ignore objectives and simply want kill counts. It’s the same people who have their entire screen covered in add-ons screaming how awesome they are when they’re not even playing the objective. Granted, this isn’t something that happens 100% of the time but i’ll be generous and say it happens around 85% of the time.

I play a Restoration Druid twink who focuses on healing. I do everything in my power to keep people on my team alive. I play objectives and work with the team. I am the minority. But, I digress.

Separating twink brackets from normal brackets won’t fix people refusing to gear up. It won’t fix laziness. It won’t fix premades and it won’t fix character not taking the proper steps to ensure their character performs even remotely close to peek performance.

2 Likes

But Warlocks and Shamans were mopping the floors with everyone. Rogues were almost free HKs until Cloak of Shadows was introduced.

But anyway, splitting queues won’t fix people not gearing up, you are correct, but it does and did make it so those casuals who are running around in quest gear can join a BG here and there to break the monotony of questing and have fun without seeing a guy with a name like “Iemskilld” (name changed as the last example triggered someone) spamming emotes and telling everyone how awesome he is at PVP. It also made it so twinks could have exactly what they claimed they always wanted. It was pure win-win for everyone. I mean, if I were a twink, not having to worry about pesky levelers ruining my games would be paradise, right?

1 Like

Again, you’re lumping everyone into the same boat. Not all of us go for kills and ignore the game itself just to focus down level 30 paladins in terrible gear cough-cough points up, some of us actually want to play with other players and enjoy the game and that’s why I believe Blizzard will never put the brackets separate again.

Are there bads? Yes. There’s bads in every aspect of this game. From level 15 deadmines to level 120 heroic raiding, there will always be bads wanting to be carried along because they can’t be bothered to put the work in to compete. It’s not just happening in the battlegrounds, it’s happening everywhere. I’ll stand by my own words. If you want to compete, gear up. You don’t gain weight to play in the Olympics, why should you be dead weight and want to play in a battleground?

2 Likes

There is no grandfathered gear…….just saying

1 Like

There was no contradiction you just tried to pick something apart to make a point, sorry it went over your head. There is no gear progression prior to the current expansion. Blizzard put in mechanics to let people level fast for a reason. There is a reason you have to turn off exp to become a twink, you will naturally out level the gear you get and get replacement before you can complete a complete set. The game doesn’t start until you are in the current xpac, then you have a gear progression. This isn’t tough to understand, get off the forums and play a little.

I am beginning to think you didn’t read or weren’t comprehending what I said. There are no twinks at 120. Twinking refers to a character gaining equipment with the assistance of a higher level character, particularly by giving the low level character higher level equipment that is otherwise unattainable. [[2]] It can also be used to describe the process of keeping a video game character at a low level while using in-game currency, earned by a high level character, to provide it with superior equipment.

You cannot be a twink at high levels it goes against the very definition of what one is…

This was never an argument, at no point in any post did I say “Twinking is easy and it’s easy to do and anyone can do anything blah blah blah blah.” again your grabbing at whatever you can to attack me.

lol this is the stupidest thing I have read in this entire post. By this statement alone it means that if you had a ilvl of 350 you could solo BOD cause you know skill right. Sorry but no amount of skill is going to stop someone 1v1 or 2v1 when they have the ability to 1-2 shot people.

And you’re not?

Wow. Just… do you even understand what gear progression means? Since I can hear the whoosh from here, lemme help you out.

pro·gres·sion

/prəˈɡreSHən/

noun

the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state.

Maybe you don’t understand the meaning of the word progression, but if you are leveling from 1 to 120, you progress through gear. You move forward. You upgrade your gear. You move from one piece to the next piece. I mean, I didn’t even bother to read this rest of the post because the whiplash from this one statement almost killed me.

2 Likes

Apparently your reading comprehension is very low…

Just gonna leave this right here.

Why did you leave out what you said? let me fix it for you…

I don’t believe so, no. I feel like if this game were skill based instead of gear based we wouldn’t be having this argument. I feel like if this were based more around the SW:TOR type of PvP instead of the current system people would instead complain about overpowered classes. People will complain, it’s a fact of life. They’re going to complain because they feel it’s unfair that someone has something better then them. I don’t really know what you want me to say, however I prefer talking to you over Muram so i’ll focus my talks here.

3 Likes

The word you’re looking for here is dumbest.

3 Likes