Bring the Violet Spellwing Mount to BMAH

It really isn’t.

You just want to be special.

As someone with the Grove Warden, the Violet Spellwing, and multiple Mage Tower Skins, I don’t care if something like that is re-added. Because it doesn’t change the fact I got it when it was current.

3 Likes

No I don’t want to feel special. I just appreciate and respect the achievement. I’m sorry that you are so shallow that you have to attribute it to pride and jealousy but that’s your opinion.

Just because someone wants something doesn’t mean they should have it. THAT is wanting to be special.

2 Likes

Dropping old AOTC mounts on the BMAH would be great, but if it helps, I have laser bird and, uh, is really not that great.

Now Grove Warden, that’s a mount.

no - having things be time limited is fine. It is just a reskin of something else anyway.

Yeah, if achievements are to be clamored to, the date of the achievement speaks far more than any earned cosmetics IMO.

I think we’re all also forgetting that AOTC doesn’t directly award the mounts anyways, rather a quest item drops that gets turned in, if my recollection isn’t terrible.

Rukhmar is a world boss in Spires of Arak in Draenor. He drops the same model as the Violet Spellwing but fiery.

Edit: I misread what you wrote. (I reversed it.) Same mount; different color.

No you’re accidentally right here. It SHOULDN’T be available if you weren’t around. There have been several mounts that are limited time things, and should stay there. If you want that mount’s appearance, just tinted different, go farm Rukmar or whatever the bird WoD boss is.

Eh? That’s not what I said.

I disagree with this. I think there has to be some things in game that are “I was there” type rewards. Maybe make a different color version of things like that for people that are going back to do content but the version from AOTC should not be obtainable after the season is over.

No. I was there when it was offered. You apparently were not. The Violet Spellwing speaks to the time and effort I have invested in this game. It was announced that it was going live during pre-patch only. So I made the time to get it because of its limited time available. I earned the right to have this rare item on that merit. I defeated Argus when he was still a challenge and a feat worth accomplishing. Not some cheap time sink. You did not.

Do not cheapen my accomplishment and my time just because “I have it and it’s not fair” mentality.

It’s this very “entitlement” attitude that has helped ruin mmorpg’s. Just stop it.

1 Like

Are you serious?

Eh, the inability to obtain a heroic raid mount seems so silly to me.

KSM? Limited time mount.
Glad? Limited time mount.
Heroic raid? Limited time mount.
Cutting edge? No reward…
Mythic raid mounts? Farmable forever. Wait, wut…?

Just seems silly to gatekeep a heroic mount when mythic mounts aren’t even unobtainable. People achieving the highest raid content don’t even get an exclusive reward, but yeah… Let’s keep the heroic mount locked away lol.

1 Like

“I want what she has!”

"Sorry, you don’t meet the criteria and qualifications."

“I don’t care, I want it and it’s not fair that I can’t have something I want!”

“Sorry but that’s just not how it works.”

“Then change how it works because I want it. It’s not fair that I can’t have something I want.”

1 Like

Is it that hard to read the thread, or gasp lookup someone else’s mounts?

Seems like the purpose of the thread flew entirely over your head and instead you wanted to erroneously claim that I want something that you have…for what purpose exactly?

Here, I’ll put things in simpler words: “I have the Violet Spellwing and I think others should have a chance to get it through BMAH.”

Is that easier to understand, or are you going to stick to this “you just want what I have and you don’t” argument that is ridiculously elitist, baseless and off the rails?

3 Likes

I think too many people get way too much satisfaction about being unique and special in a video game.

3 Likes

And I’m telling you in easy to understand language: No. Just because someone wants something doesn’t mean they are entitled to it. Period.

How does them having this item affect you?

2 Likes

You expect to have credibility after falsely stating that I “apparently were not” around for the mount, and then doubled-down on that with drivel? Good one.

They (thankfully) added the Core Hound mount from WoW’s 10th anniversary to the BMAH.

I was grateful to buy one recently, as my mother died when WoW was celebrating its 10th anniversary, and I missed out on the Molten Core event.

Maybe the AoTC mounts could be added, too.

3 Likes

That is also how I grabbed my core hound mount. 150k through the BMAH and it was worth it. Sucks that you had dire circumstances at the time :frowning:

2 Likes