Bring back templates

My name apparently :joy:

I think the ideal situation would be to auto scale all gear to the exact same item level in PvP since you would then have control over your secondary stats (which you didn’t in Legion).

Since the current devs philosophies seem to not fit with that, it’s highly unlikely. I think the best we can hope for is that PvP vendor gear could have a higher ilvl in PvP compared to PvE like it did in the past. They’ve given no comment to indicate they are considering even that as far as I know.

Well Templates were removed because the majority of the players hated they removed the RPG aspect of the game. Many say it was the lack of choice in stats and while that was the biggest problem it’s not the only one. You still have to have power progression. This is a gear based game. We log in and play to get shiny powerful item then own it up with those items.

Scaling someone’s gear up to someone that worked for it removes the point of playing an RPG. You are supposed to have gear advantages and we enjoy that as players. It’s up to the player to close that power gap by attaining gear. It’s what is enjoyable about this game. Power!!

So I wouldn’t say it’s the Devs philosophies as much as the majority of the player base. We play WoW to gain untold powers to become gods then rule over the mortals. It’s an RPG.

Templates and Scaling just really have no place in this game. There just isn’t one logical argument that can change that. Templates and Scaling are just wrong for World of Warcraft.

Now since this is a gear based game the main issue is the acquisition of gear is supposed to be the most fun part of the game. Gearing up is exciting and when you get a BiS item it’s supposed to make you want to Que up some PvP and own it up. With that said more work needs to be done with Vendors, adding a PvP stat and more use out of PvP resources in PvP.

The solution is make gearing more fun since the gearing process is why we log in and vital to WoW or any RPG. Never ever ever is the solution scaling or templates. It just isn’t.

I finally caved and ignored Abom, couldn’t stand reading his posts any longer. HIGHLY recommend!

5 Likes

Let us toggle queue for template or not template. You could fight others in templates or fight with earned gear. That way you can jump into PVP with any iLVL and start working on your set to move into non-template later.

2 Likes

Blizzard could have iterated on the template system and given players more secondary stat customization options.

They’re behind schedule, so they probably redirected any and all PvP devs to help fix/finish PvE stuff.

This idea ranks up there as the worst idea of all time…

Top 4 worst ideas in PvP of all time

• 1 - Templates
  • 2 - Scaling
  • 3 - Experience off separated Ques
  • 4 - Removing PvP vendors

Now you want to have more separation and division in this game? Stop just stop and if you don’t like WoW please find a game you like. This is an RPG game it’s a gear based game. You should be excited to log in and get GEAR. It’s so disheartening that people want to ruin the CORE aspect of the game.

We need to merge Ques so we can bring back Twink PvP since it’s so vital to the PvP community. We need to restore PvP to the days when it was a huge part of this game in TBC/Wrath.

Ideas like yours is what landed us in this place of silly systems. We don’t need more separate Ques we just need one casual BG Que… Experience on and off all in the same one. Just Que it up and enjoy a RPG game.

Templates killed World of Warcraft’s soul in so many ways. They are never coming back because they were so hated and wrong for this game. Stop trying to turn WoW into another game. Just enjoy it for what it is… an RPG PvP game.

The majority of players and Blizzard don’t want twinks in leveling bgs. It’s not fun or competitive.

Battlegrounds are fine without twinks.

4 Likes

Why was this hidden by the community?

Nvm I saw the post saying it was his name lol.

with templates world pvp/duels were broken af. No thanks

They got lots of feedback. They made it worse in 8.3, even worse in the prepatch. And come shadowlands, it will be even worse than it is right now.

They only listen to the voices in their heads.

1 Like

Templates weren’t active outside of instanced PvP.

1 Like

Unfortunately we will never get that back untill they come out with TBC servers. Ion Hazzikostas has made it pretty clear that he doesn’t really care about PvP. Or rather he doesnt care nearly as much as say Tom Chilton did.

Template were easy for Blizz to maintain, they are not perfect but lot better than anything we had recently.

Blizz is desperately trying to make profit it seems, they are not in the balancing mode but rather introducing new mog shop. Tells you that subs are quite down.

3 Likes

Ion is turning PvP into a sidegame for mythic raiders, to reward them for playing the game right. Everyone else is cannon fodder or collateral damage.

3 Likes

Imagine how triggered everyone would get if he was to literally say this.

2 Likes

Actions speak louder than words, and here we are.
This happened, and is happening.

1 Like

We don’t need Templates. What you see right now it a unbalanced inaccurate mess.

A easy way to fix this issue with very little change is 2 ways… Make essences all unlocked and cost a bit of gold or completely removes neck essences/maybe azerite traits too in pvp.

Neck essences and azerite traits are seriously 30-50%+ of people DPS depending on what is slotted and new players don’t have time to grind all the neck abilities in time to compete. it will take at least a month for ( new ) player to catch up and by that time the expansion will come out…

DISABLE NECK/armor traits ONLY IN PVP = Good time for all and players will have a (( better more accurate representation of the class they will play in SL. ))

What?

Do you not already maintain multiple sets of gear for different specs? Or keep extra pieces of gear to min/max your secondary stats when you get an upgrade?

Our bag space is insane. There’s a fantastic built in equipment manager. Gold and mats rain from the skies. Gear has multiple primary stats on it. How is “maintaining multiple sets” an issue? Or even a remotely viable argument for anything related to the PvP environment?

If you were talking classic, you’d have a leg to stand on, but right now? I’m not seeing it.

1 Like

I would love to take an ungeared toon into BGs and be able to test out classes without spending months and then switching mains.

6 Likes