Bring back templates

pvp sucks man… they literally cannot balance pvp… bring back templates…

24 Likes

Thread #1712 crying about prepatch numbers.

13 Likes

pvp is awful on the beta too… just watch some vids on it

3 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

Bfa was awful also though.

12 Likes

Templates still kinda sucked though because they were still gear-dependent anyway.
jmo

2 Likes

nah, keep that sh*t out of here. templates sucked. scaling sucked. know what was good times tho? resilience …pvp power…

21 Likes

they weren’t at all. 10 ilvl was 1% stats. the sweatiest of raiders and arena players were 5% stronger than others. the skill difference made up the rest.

that ilvl scaling, but the ability to choose your stat distribution would be best.

1 Like

Why did ray get flagged lol?

10 Likes

was wondering the same thing

they already said they’re not bringing back resil though… and templates were way better than this crap

5 Likes

blizzard has said many things over the years that they would never do but went ahead and did it anyway because of overwhelming feedback. its pretty clear people are not happy with current system involving pvp gear. we keep giving them feedback we could possible see a return to a pvp stat or ilvl boost to pvp gear like in previous expacs

4 Likes

The BFA expansion didn’t exactly have balanced numbers for PvP either.

Are we at the point where we just accept unpolished/subpar/broken PvP?

3 Likes

What sucks is having to maintain multiple sets of gear because you enjoy PVP and PVE and it gets so much worse if you play multiple roles.

Legion was probably the most balanced we’ve seen PVP. The only downfall was that the player had no agency over stat allocation.

If instead of templates they had players’ current gear set to a particular ilvl in instanced PVP, we would have the balance and competitive nature of Legion while affording players the opportunity to choose which secondary stats to prioritize.

1 Like

Everyone requesting to get templates/scaling back should get auto flagged for omega troll.

PvP took a nose dive the last 2 expansions in terms of fun and participation (obviously).

2 Likes

This is just the weirdest issue of all the issues. Who cares about having multiple sets? They have something baked into the ui that makes it insanely easy to swap. Bag space is massive. Like are people that lazy?

Secondly, I never had so many items in my bag thanks to corruptions. Blizzard clearly doesn’t care about making you maintain 12+ sets.

I’ll take templates or tbc-wod. Anything is better than bfa and what sl is looking like.

2 Likes

thats a personal thing in my opinion because i loved it. I love playing mmorpgs where I have to have multiple gear sets to do different parts of the game. it makes me NEED to play the different aspects of the game as intended in order to perform in those aspects. instead of just taking short cuts and going straight into end game.

All you’re saying here is that unless you have massive amounts of play time you enjoy being weaker in every aspect of the game that you play than the people who strictly play a single aspect of the game.

If you have multiple sets of gear for each spec and you play multiple specs, bag space fills up quickly.

3 Likes

I only play hybrids. I always like to play multiple specs. I’ve never had any issue. Corruptions show blizzard doesn’t have any issue. It’s a lame excuse.