Bring back PvP Templates for casual BGs

I mean, people praise Ashran :joy: that’s how quickly people forget what was bad in the game.

1 Like

I am not okay, but I just take a breathe and do a Mythic because I know it will help me in Randoms. With that said I do agree with you that we should have to PvE to PvP, unfortunately if you want to be competitive and not a crutch to your team you gotta do it.

O God :joy: I remember playing that like once on my old PC at like 1 fps I don’t care for that bg at all. Also I was noticing that they don’t display how long the BG is going for on the scoreboard no more ?

1 Like

If PvP power doesn’t come at the expense of other stats then we might have a decent system but that’s not the way it worked previously and that would disadvantage primary PvE’ers.

Templates were hated by the MAJORITY OF THE PLAYER BASE and that is why they were removed. Ion said Templates were a failure and that it indeed did remove the RPG nature of the game which is bad.

The players that liked templates is a small vocal minority. Facts are facts.

What is wrong with going to Chick-fil-a and ordering a Whooper? That is what it is like by adding Templates into this game. It is wrong!!! This is an RPG game.

Actually 8.3 is the best PvP we have had since WoD. There are a lot of build options and gear matters a lot.

The inability to select our stat builds was universally opposed. Skill finally mattering more than gear was opposed by you and, uh, you again.

8 Likes

Riddikulus!

Exactly. Templates with some sort of reforging mechanism in place would have satisfied many players.

5 Likes

be nice if they did a guild war 2 style pvp templates and let us choose the template…
crit based, haste based, stam based.

5 Likes

Wrong the players don’t want to play Heroes of the Storm. Where you just pick a character and PvP. Where gear doesn’t matter. If they did they would play Heroes of the storm. Players want to play World of Warcraft because they in fact want gear to matter in PvP and it has been that way since Vanilla. That is why we log in and gear up.

PvP in this game since the very beginning has always been a 2 step process. You get gear in order to be competitive in PvP. Then after attaining enough gear you get to use your skills around that gear. This is what makes PvP in RPG games unique and fun compared to other games where there isn’t any gear.

I love RPG games so I love Gear and it’s influence on builds and skills to wield them. RPG PvP is really awesome. That is why WE play WoW.

3 Likes

Yea this would have been way more well received.

In reality, there was never a 2-step process. Since the very beginning, players have used their skills in PvP whether they were geared or not.

I must have been absent for this national meeting of the players. :man_shrugging:

I’m unsure of where ‘skill should be more important than gear’ translates to ‘I want gear to have exactly 0 value’ when you read it.

1 Like

well you get what he is saying, doesnt matter the game, ESO, GW2, DAOC, for pvp you would get geared through some sort of pve then go pvp, not just join a BG to die over and over to other geared people, In hopes that you may win enough BGs to get a piece of gear

Skill should be important of course if you have enough gear but these Template junkies that want to ruin the core concept of the game and want gear to have near zero impact. They want the game to be plug in play. Sorry that isn’t World of Warcraft.

Someone who has BiS gear and isn’t very good at PvP should beat a skilled player in greens because the skilled player doesn’t have the gear to compete yet. They need to enjoy the gearing up process that takes weeks and is the fun part of playing an RPG.

The only issue with gear right now is the fact that it is tied to so much RNG and time gating. However once you get that gear it feels great (Which is soo important in this game). When you get a BiS item you should be excited and actually be able to feel it’s power in PvP. If you can’t then there is no excitement around gearing. Which then means there isn’t much of a reason to play.

RPG games are gear based games. Their PvP is centered around gear. So all we ask is to stop trying to change this game into something it’s not. It breaks the RPG fans hearts when they hear terrible words like Templates and Scaling. Get it out of this game so we can enjoy it.

It’s really that simple and hope you understand. For some reason no matter how many ways it’s stated it doesn’t sink in though. Now let this thread die like Templates did and good riddance to them. Now we need to remove scaling next.

3 Likes

You could stop posting in it

2 Likes

Didn’t you bump like a bunch of older threads earlier today?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/abombination/552365

Are the forums only allowed to have threads that you approve of?

2 Likes

Scaling, properly implemented, would be better than templates. It could level the playing field but still allow customization of secondary stats.

1 Like

Says the guy who bumps more threads than anyone else :crazy_face:

1 Like

i really have to wonder what your approach to pvp is then, because 8.3 IMO is the worst patch in wow’s history from a game design standpoint, for the first time pvp is no longer a skill game, or even a gear game, but a RNG proc game. party style RNG is cancer to good game design.

as for ilvl mattering, i just recently replayed armored core from 1 through last raven, and ilvl is a terrible game mechanic. armored core has more customization and more skill based gameplay than wow is possible of delivering, and it does this all without ilvl or power curves. hundreds of parts for thousands of options, and ilvl doens’t matter, only the players skill in building their AC and then again in piloting that AC. one needs both to win, a good AC is not enough on its own.

wow should be like armored core, where you theorycraft a build, then go try it out without a single worry about ilvl.

3 Likes