Bring back PvP servers

Ok you have had your fun Blizzard, but it’s time to revert course. War mode was a failed experiment and clearly isn’t working. You clearly can’t get it right so it’s time to revert back until you can fix war mode properly, or just scrap it all together.

28 Likes

You haven’t cited your reasons for WM “not working”. Please, do elaborate.

They’re all PvP servers if you keep WM on.

33 Likes

It’s so one sided. I can’t ever find any alliance. I was on a 50-50 balanced PvP server before this and now I can’t get any fights.

2 Likes

Most PVP players had the 15 year old customer service complaint of the OPPOSITE problem; they were on the losing side, stuck there unless they paid server transferred.

It is one of the many reasons Blizzard did warmode, giving it an off switch and having it on any server.

5 Likes

Use Group Finder for parties (not raids) and you’ll find your Alliance when you shift into different shards.

2 Likes

I vote for PvP servers back too, war mode don’t work with this stupid sharding system.

12 Likes

That’s nice, how many servers do you think are 50-50 balanced?

Warmode is way better than PVP realms

18 Likes

With all due respect to the OP and their thoughts, no, don’t bring back pvp servers. WM is a failure because enough people don’t care for being ganked, corpse camping or otherwise having person or groups harass them and waste their valuable game time. When you have a job and or family, you don’t have time to waste being harassed in game as each kill takes away from questing time, gathering time, or whatever else one may be doing with your limited game time.

8 Likes

I’ve been playing with warmode on almost the entire expansion. I see no issue witth it. Yes population skews are an issue. But I am not penalized for ‘picking the wrong server’ around 2004.

4 Likes

I do feel like this doesn’t show the failure with WM, but instead more of an inherent flaw in wPvP. Which is that it’s not a hugely popular activity. There’s nothing wrong with that. Niche activities have a right to exist, but it is niche.

8 Likes

doesnt work for who? for me its fine, if i wanna pvp i just turn warmode, if i dont wanna do pvp i just turn it off.
Is makes my server being able to be both pve/pvp, and also should i remind you that its just world pvp? honestly who cares

6 Likes

Nnnnnooo, aside from the community aspect, War Mode is just better in every way.

World PvP worked when the world was smaller, but now it’s gigantic - a single server just doesn’t work for it. And this is coming from someone who kind of detests CRZ.

While I might not be overly fond of CRZ, War Mode is nontheless an improvement.

How so? So u can ru like a little rat when the heat gets too much?

I agree to a point, we all rolled on pvp servers to be on pvp servers, they could have offered transfers to pve servers for those that wanted to cry about something they did but regret. I rolled both pvp and pve servers, when I didn’t want to have world pvp shock of all shocks…i played on the pve servers!
When they do these things they don’t seem to care much what the community wants, just like when they changed “north american” servers in to “united states” servers they should have given canadians an option to transfer to oceanic, brazilian or latin american servers. I’d still gladly take that transfer if they offered, heck send my toons to euro servers, anything would be better :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It seems that most of the alliance is not interested in making wpvp with the same consistency as other players.
At least, I see many with warmode off, through maps doing quests, collecting minerals and herbs and whatever else.

I never had so much peace to enjoy the game, as after being able to avoid wpvp with a push of a button.

Blizzard just gave everyone the option to participate in content or avoid it.

Removing that now is unfair to those who like it.
People are not to blame if the shards are not working well or if there is little participation by the alliance.

2 Likes

Rofl. What you got ganked too many times? Git Gud or Git Wrecked.

3 Likes

How about … no?

Is that an answer? I think it is.

Because if you have a pvp server, what you’ll soon have is imbalanced servers where it may as well be pve for the stronger faction. It happened before, it’ll happen again.

And even if they did create pvp servers … world pvp would still be just as broken as it is now.

So the only thing that would change is people who sign up for somewhat balanced pvp discovering in a year that they either have nobody to kill or they can’t leave the inn without twenty people ganking htem.

4 Likes

You forget that you can’t just turn WM off at the drop of a hat. It has actual requirements.

3 Likes

But they never left?

Pretty sure realms like, oh I don’t know.

Illidan, Bleeding Hallow, Tich just to name a few are still pure PvP Realms.

Someone tell me if I’m wrong?

Only two types of realms now.

Normal (Ie PvE) and RP.

If you want PvP now, you have to either manually flag yourself to encourage other flagged people to attack you or go turn warmode on.

SAUCE: I was changing toons and stopped to scan the realms list.

3 Likes