Bring Back pvp/ rp-pvp servers

I want a RP/PVA (roleplay/ player vs all) realm. I want to be scared of a band of muggers might come after me, or RP a bandit and jump someone my own faction. I don’t wanna look over my shoulder just for the other faction but to be weary of everyone.

Emerald Dream…the pinnacle of what was…is no longer no more.

:cry:

Most of those can be dealt with through reporting - and was, according to the roleplayers who remained on ED. I’m not sure why anyone would ever use Twitter or give out the personal information in game that would allow someone to SWAT them, but that was apparently dealt with by those who stayed as well.

Your original complaint, though, was just about PVP happening, and that shouldn’t be an issue for actual RPPVP players.

Ashes of Creation. It is around the corner and it will be light years what WOW is capable of doing. Go check it out. If you like PVP, PVE, real class control, RP’ing and community this game will do it for you. I bring this up becasue asking Activision to make this game good again is like asking a bucket of water to empty itself.

I think warmode is one of the better systems they’ve implemented. I just wish they would tie rep to it, even a little rep.

Another thing that hurt the mindset about PvP was … PvE servers.

You’d want to be going along your merry way, just dealing with monsters and the story. And a bunch of people would go out of their way to disrupt PvE. They wanted the PvP but they wanted to be able to run away and turn the flag off if things got hot.

That helped create a LOT of hatred toward PvP players. Because they constantly disrupted PvE content. And there was nothing to gain, from a PvE perspective, to killing them. No XP, no gear, no gold, just a temporary death for the offender.

Warmode helps in that regard, but there are still people who actively flag, knowing they’re “safe” from reprisal and ruin the day of PvE players.

They tried a FFA on Timeless Isle. Nobody really liked it. Because it meant you had to deal with jerks on both sides.

3 Likes

Rallos Zek rules are always a clownshow.

I HIGHLY doubt this but I honestly would not know if action was taken, if so good on them but thats for another topic.

That is not at all what I said, if you are going to try to strawman my point into something else there is nothing else to talk about, I have done more PVP then most people will ever. The fact remains, while its debatable if they were good or not, RPPVP servers are just not coming back.