Bring Back pvp/ rp-pvp servers

Emerald dream was a vibrant wpvp server it was always one of the most full servers so when I read that pvp servers were ghostlands I just say you never tried the RP- pvp servers now its just a generic server with no personality for me personally it’s the only thing stopping me from purchasing shadowlands. people can deny it all they want but you can see it with your own eyes. BOA content is not why it failed you made it almost soley a pve game walking past horde who aren’t flagged just destroys any thing to do with there being a war you guys bringing back pvp vendors is a total admission of how important pvp is to the game now fix it and give customers a choice with pvp servers and stop giving into woke video gaming from the pve crowd who want pvp’ers there to bloat server numbers its is pve that creates the ghost towns after the recycled content gets boring world pvp is always new and everchanging.

10 Likes

What’s the rationale behind War Mode?

i assume they did away with the normal/pvp classification allow more realms to be connected. because they will never connect a rp realm to a normal realm, but now they can connect formerly pvp realms to normal realms

2 Likes

I mean it was worth a try but opting into a gentleman duel does not create a competitive server. War mode doesnt make you want to make a punks list or gear up just to beat the server bully

1 Like

Return to ED and bring pvp glory back! Im following some other forum regulars there, horde side and “not allowed” to turn off wm. It is pretty true to rp to kill your enemy on sight, not to wave at them, after all.

3 Likes

Why can’t we be friends?

We could be? You’re horde. Come join Hegemony!

I haven’t played in months now. For my return I am considering making or Horde switching one of my toons. I haven’t played Alliance in, I don’t know, 8/10 years?

Hegemony on emerald dream is always seeking new pasionate hordies. Pvp isnt mandatory, but with the server being alliance dominated, the sense of thrill is exciting!

ED Alliance dominated? Since when?

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging: what i was told.

No thanks.

I honestly think Warmode was one of the few good things to come out of BfA.

5 Likes

I miss normal realms as well.

Warmode kind of ruined server community. For wpvp it took away that hot blooded feeling of running into rivals on your server.

Then there’s even smaller nuance things like people from your server sitting in their AFK spots. A lot of small things that added up to the feeling of server community.

Pvp servers will not be coming back.

There are many reasons for that.

Everything from players being “stuck” on a server that became one sided, to the ease of coding for a single “type” of server (RP does not have any different coding, just stricter behavioral rules).

Also, my opinion is that if pvp had to be “forced” by the server type it was never as popular as it appeared, and if you desire to return to that type to “force” people into pvp it says quite a bit about you that isn’t good.

4 Likes

You can pick if you want to be on PvP or PvE server.

Also, you’re missing his point. It’s not just about wpvp, it’s about server community vanishing.

2 Likes

Pick warmode on, boom! You are now on a pvp server, pick warmode off, boom! Now on a pve server. As a bonus, you are no longer permanently stuck when making that choice.

Server communities have been doomed for quite some time, cross realms, connected realms and sharding have far more to do with that than warmode could possible dream of.

I appreciate the compliment by the way, it is an honor to be compared to Mr. Rogers, he was an awesome person.

6 Likes

While WM was implemented badly, pvp servers were horrible. Emerald Dream is actually a good example of everything that was wrong with pvp servers when it had its fall and everyone left it

1 Like

Learn to read, this is the main problem.

Sadly it is, with luck you can see the same person twice in weeks in the same shard with you.

How about … NO.

Because if you bring back PvP servers you will end up with the same garbage that happened before.

You’ll end up with servers that are so grossly imbalanced that it may as well be PvE for the faction with the majority. And some of those servers were as high as 90 to 10.

3 Likes

Sentences and punctuation, such a good idea, give them a try.

2 Likes