Bring Back pvp/ rp-pvp servers

Except that bringing back pvp servers won’t fix anything. Because you’ll still be bounced around to meet density needs.

The days of server community is sadly dead. It was killed by a number of factors, and there’s no realistic way to get that community back.

1 Like

While I agree Mr. Rogers is an icon here in the Midwest, i’m just saying you’re a clown for what you said.

While this is partly true as it was this way in legion, you could still see most of your server out in the world and in town.

God right! Then all this stupid Warmode complaining will be gone! And the people who didn’t play on pvp servers will quit complaining about them being ganked all the time.

“Everyone” didn’t leave it - just the people who couldn’t handle PVP.

The toggle was one of it’s best features.

4 Likes

Lol no. I found WAY more pvp on my server in WM then I ever did on ED, the server is a ghost town now.

2 Likes

The majority of people in the RP war mode shards are still Emerald Dream, by a large margin.

ED is not sharded with the other bigger RP servers, they only share with a couple small servers like RH and TN.

2 Likes

It depends on how many people are in the zone. If you’re not seeing ED people in your shards, that’s because ED has enough people in war mode to get a shard to themselves. At times when the population is low, all the RP servers are sharded together, and that’s when you can see that ED is dominant in war mode.

Well regardless, ED might have a decent number but nothing like it was, especially not for the RP-PVP crowd that drew so many people to it

So it turns out that when you give people a choice, they choose not to pvp. You’re trying to force people to do things your way.

3 Likes

You mean the hot blooded feeling you would have as you killed someone 30+ levels lower than you knowing that you were in no risk of dying at all?

1 Like

BRING BACK PVP/ RP-PVP SERVERS

Thats…not going to happen.
I read the rationale behind Warmode. A big factor was having a single server type so they can cut out having to make content for two types of servers.
They AINT going to reverse it for a small group of players who wont just turn WM on…or off.

My question is this.
IF your precious PvP server was as ‘great’ as you make it sound…IF everyone loved PvPing so much…why did that change just because they were now given the choice to turn pvp off?
Doesnt that indicate that they didnt really WANT to pvp?

My guess is someone lost their lowbie gank victims and thats what this is really about. Ganking is ALWAYS what these threads are about.

3 Likes

Exactly.
That isnt PvP…even if they want to believe it is, lol. Its an assassination of a defenseless victim.
its quite pathetic.

1 Like

Nope, I mean running into someone you’ve fought several times and had good times battling, people you’ve literally built camaraderie with through many wins and losses, and talking smack with each other eventually building friendships.

I feel sorry for people like you that have probably never experienced this.

Ganking lowbies seems to happen more with warmode if anything, low levels turning on warmode for extra xp and getting ganked.

See above

That players only want to be on pvp servers where they have the advantage. Ion went over this when WM was announced in 2017.

1 Like

OP did a wonderful Freudian slip: Emerald Dream was a RP-PvP server, not a “wpvp server.” Recruiting for people to join the wpvp and telling them “just ignore the RP part” led to less RP and more RPers leaving the server.

PvPers are their own worst enemy,

2 Likes

It went back and forth. Some people would actually faction transfer to try and keep the server balanced. I can’t recall how successful they were.

1 Like

You could turn on war mode.

1 Like

Under the old model of pvp servers, you always had an underclass who wasn’t even there to pvp, just to be with their friends, and they always got the shaft. Warmode ensures every single person enabled for pvp has made a total and conscious choice to engage in it.

If you have a problem with warmode, it’s because you miss getting free ganks from people like me who never even bothered to put up a fight, we just took our lumps and tried to keep questing.

3 Likes