Bring back MT weapons

Yeah, I’m always amused when people try to use this as a qualifier. I got very many (but not all) of the original tower rewards, and it hardly comes up unless I’m responding to someone who acts like their large number means they’re more right than someone else.

1 Like

Well, you clearly didn’t watch it because he used sub-optimal dps talents for the TW run and it was still faster.

You can also see his DPS meter. 2k in SL gear. 3k in TW gear. That’s not a small difference. It is 50% more dmg (even with suboptimal talents). It is also the worst challenge to check DPS on, because doing more DPS would kill the minions faster which gives you less Ice Lance procs and longer CD on Frozen Orb; yet it’s still a massive difference.

And again, I never said this challenges were not doable, afterall I did them, I only said that they were hardER and LESS rewarding.

That is very far from the point. If they brought back the old appearances, I’d personally get nothing. But the GAME would get more, as more people would want to do it. Participation would surely increase.

Unlike you, I’m not concerned with being right. I’m concerned with doing what’s best for the game.

I sat through every minute of it to debunk you as evidenced by my statements. I like how you’re deflecting the facts. All you’ve effectively said is the comparison is irrelevant.

But I don’t think different means suboptimal, or harder, especially if they’re producing similar results.

His average dps difference is a lot closer to the ~500 dps range. So are you basing your claim on max burst or overall average?

This is like arguing it’s harder for Super Saiyan Goku to fight Frieza than it is for Super Saiyan 2 Goku to do it. Both instances overwhelmingly meet the necessary baseline, one is just slightly faster.

How are you completely disregarding the fact that this is measuring a speed run, which inherently is going to rely on majority/total optimization (and most people aren’t going to be doing that)? I only had two sets on my DK here and I swapped between them several times. I got the kill in the TW set, but the DPS in it was only very, very slightly higher (although wipe repairs were significantly cheaper).

How are you disregarding the fact that slower burn speeds can be good on bosses with checkpoint phasing? And how are you ignoring the fact that he says himself they’re comparable enough to both be viable? A 45 second net difference doesn’t sound significant by any stretch. The truth isn’t your friend, it seems.

So what you’re saying is this isn’t indicative of the real set variance in the tower challenges. You’re shooting yourself in the foot here.

HardER hasn’t been demonstrated while you’re claiming this isn’t a valid study while also citing it. Not only do the numbers not indicate objective difficulty, you’re not even trying to factor individual player skill. Less rewarding is a matter of opinion. It’s subjective and not fact based, only feeling based.

You have no basis for this claim. More people would want the rewards. Surely some would try. But this round of the towers being reintroduced demonstrated quite clearly that ultimately the only result would be more people complaining they have to work for the appearance. Loads of people wanting nerfs, refusing to do it until then, and even unsubbing until it happens.

Really? Your last couple posts to me really say otherwise. But why even mention your tower completion number of not to validate your subsequent opinion?

And inherently, to /know/ that, you would have to think yourself right about it. You don’t know what’s best for the game. You think you know what’s best based on your personal definition of what ‘best’ is. And when you have very little regard for the portion of players who want the original tower rewards locked. You’re not even attempting to balance the concerns of that demographic, or that of people who love the challenge level already. Yet you think you know what’s best for the game whilst disregarding at least two (and probably more) sections of the player base. So far even Ion is doing a better job than it sounds like you would, and that’s really saying something.

Not true, but even if you minimize it to 500 dps, that’s 25% more dps. So… you can indeed, “outgear” the content this time around.

And again… the mechanics of Frozen Orb / Blizzard essentially act as a detriment the more dps you do.

This point really needs to be hammered in more. MT discussion is done, it’s over. Blizz made the compromise. If anything, argue for upcoming challenges instead.

Personally I would like to see a new set of “Challenge Mode” armor in the next expansion. I didn’t play a Warrior in Mists so I never did it on that class. I’d like for a new set to be made so that I could get a set on this Warrior.

You could outgear it the last time around in much greater magnitude. Also:

So even if we take your claim at face value, you’re literally saying the SL set is the superior set to take. You’re driving on both sides of the road on this.

Better idea
New challenge new weapons

1 Like

yeah, but that costs them money and time. It’s fun to dream, though.

It never endssssss

Gonna be a no from me. Reality is time sensitive means time sensitive. Blizzard has already spoken on this. They will respect player time and achievement. Which is the right call in my opinion.