Bring back MT weapons

Same weapons but recolors? That would be popular. Or at least popular to complain about.

1 Like

They’re not coming back, and I’d rather see new rewards so people who already have the original and timewalking Mage Tower rewards still have something to do during the event.

1 Like

Make them be just like how inflatable thunderfury is and your dream can be true

A cosmetic toy that falls off in combat

1 Like

Sure, we can have inflatable versions of them if they’re brought back as regular transmogs as well for consistency. After all, the Thunderfury weapon is still obtainable :slight_smile:

No you can get the inflatable one

The original mage tower owners will have their transmog ones

2 Likes

So you want to introduce more inconsistencies in the game? Got it.

Going back on topic - I support the reintroduction of MT weapons, as well other forms of removed content. Bring it all back with an equivalent level of difficulty :smiley:

Everyone gets what they want

The original mage tower owners have their transmog

And the ones who didn’t do legion mage tower get a inflatable version as a cosmetic consumable

5 charges and If you want more do the challenge once more

4 Likes

I Agree and Disagree with this statement. I agree with the fact that yes it was harder, its meant to because of the scaling, but the rewarding part for me personally was not the mog. It was a sense of accomplishment. Brought back old vanilla WoW feelings ya know? Work hard at something and you keep trying and FINALLY get it, I saw the tik toks of people ripping their shirts off in joy after killing MT. Thats the reaction you want to get in a game. Not a “boy this is freaking hard, Blizzard should nurf it”. Guess what people, they did and if you still cant kill it, its a you thing

2 Likes

WoW is this strange vanity world where, long term, it’s what’s on the outside that counts. Stats are here today, gone in a drop - in the right circumstances, a statistical upgrade might even be replaced before it even sees use.

But appearances…? That which looks cool is cool until you decide otherwise. Sure, there may be a visual “upgrade” you’re after, but if you have the best looking gear, that gear’s relevance can last for expansions. Hell, it may never be replaced. My warrior is still transmogging gear from vanilla.

You want to talk content longevity? That⠀is content longevity.

3 Likes

Nah, you just couldn’t outgear it so you had to actually be skilled enough to beat it.

Yeah, because millions came back to play the MT. lol what a joker.

1 Like

but you COULD outgear it. A lot of people bought crafted gear with sockets just for the challenge.

The difference between crafted gem gear and SL scaled gear is like 30% dps. And consumables make another 50%…

You could do double dmg by optimizing gear and consumables.

And yes, they are less rewarding because you only get a recolor of one tier set. Last time we got 3 unique weapon models.

They should have given us recolors of the 3 weapons instead, just like bear druids got a recolor of their wearbear. Heck, they even left cats in the dust.

1 Like

The rewards were different. In Legion you received one appearance for each spec you successfully completed the challenge on. In Timewalking you received the entire transmog set for defeating any of your class spec challenges.

No, they shouldn’t have, and they won’t.

this dead horse is still being beaten? Its out of glue, it has no value, it won’t happen.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/73939493/stop-stop-its-already-dead.jpg

You want to share the calculations you did on this?

Yup it’ll never happen and people just need to stop voicing their feedback, just like flying in WoD.

Honestly, they should of never said it was going away.
They did themselves in ~ some weird need to have prestige in a game that has transmog and spent mostly in oribos queuing for stuff.

I’d rather the original tints then these armor recolors.
They could of at least recolored the weapons lol

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lds0V5RqOyE&ab_channel=Manather

Let’s see. So he starts off by saying it’s a 45 second difference between the two sets, which is negligible. He also states plainly it’s extremely doable in SL gear and TW gear isn’t necessary. His SL set has a clear edge in all stats except primary, which has a 44 point advantage. At the end of each run, he includes his percentage breakdowns which show clearly marginal damage differences between each scenario. All of these differences are single digit, most under 5 percent.

Did you even watch his video, or did you just assume it made your case for you?

Bring them back! Bring them back!

1 Like

Cool, I have roughly the same amount and I completely disagree with you.

Also, I didn’t earn any of the stuff from this round of MT (and yes, I tried on several toons.) I just didn’t have the time to beat my head on a wall like I did in the past.

As someone else said, they should make new and engaging content. Not rehash old content just to cater to people who think spamming multiple threads will get their way.

Thanks for asking though. :vulcan_salute: