Bring back Masterlooter

I think Blizzard got rid of ML because they were tired of all the tickets players were sending in complaining about loot being stolen, not given, not fair this, that or whatever dumb excuse was given so they got rid of it because they were tired of that.

10 Likes

If you don’t agree to the loot rules then don’t raid in that group.

Hard concept is hard.

13 Likes

It doesn’t result in loot being wasted because it’s soulbound to people who will never use it.

Personal Loot was introduced in Legion and we tried it the first week of Emerald Nightmare because it was The New Thing. Half the loot drops got wasted because they ended up on people who didn’t want them and never used them.

It’s such a horrible system that most teams dropped it like the hot garbage it is, and the dev team felt bad that people didn’t like their new toy so they forced everybody to use it in BfA, like they alway do.

7 Likes

Yep. People would rather try and take shots at the “elite” without realizing the smoking hole in their own foot.

3 Likes

So
.you can trade loot via personal loot. So explain to me why you need ML? If the person gets an item and doesn’t want it, they can give it to the RL.

Is your problem with it that the person has the ability to decide what to do with their loot instead of you deciding what to do with it?

10 Likes

Oh dear

7 Likes

Well not everyone plays fair Snozh.

You’d know that if you mingled with the unwashed.

2 Likes

The unsuccessful players will always blame something besides themselves.

If it’s not master looter it’s xyz item level for abc tier requirement. There will ALWAYS be an excuse.

4 Likes

False. You cannot trade loot when it’s the highest ilvl you’ve received in said slot.

11 Likes

No seriously explain it to me so I understand. I’d like to know.

Love reading all these out of touch responses.

Every guild app I’ve done has given me loot better than as a full member
 I got an entire tier set during one lockout during Cata.

Gear doesn’t belong to you. It belongs to the raid. You didn’t earn it. Your raid did. Whatever you get from it, you should be equally willing to help others get out of it.

This personal loot mentality that it belongs to individuals is toxic. Even for a pug, your pug group earned it collectively. NOT just you.

Anyone ever notice that no one offers to give out LFR drops anymore? I’ve looked at profiles of many people who didn’t need stuff and they just ditched after the raid
 I literally feel like I’m the only one who does it

17 Likes

So maybe the correct response is asking blizzard to remove that particular restriction? Seems like the best compromise.

3 Likes

And even if it’s not, in many cases you STILL can’t trade it. Because reasons.

Stupid reasons.

4 Likes

You don’t realize that personal loot is restricted.

Example today. In a pug streets the nail bracers with mastery dropped. I can’t use them because stats and the shaman wanted them. I couldn’t give them to him because the bracers were 3 ilvls higher then what I had.

7 Likes

Right. I understand and think it’s a bad restriction. I think it’s a far better system than ML however, and haven’t yet seen an argument for it that makes sense.

3 Likes

We have. They give the same excuse that it’s just ML with extra step. Without realizing that extra step being the loot is in your bags.

“I can’t trade this mace even though my staff is higher ilvl, because it’s a mace.”

The current system is trash.

10 Likes

Then don’t raid with people like that.

Again hard concept is hard.

You’d realize if you actually played the game it’s not as bad as you whine about.

4 Likes

So you’re telling us we can trade it to someone once we upgraded our self first? Great! PL is awesome then, thanks for clearing that up!

5 Likes

You only come to that conclusion if you actually have no idea what proper loot progression looks like.

5 Likes