Bring back Masterlooter

Just add a ready check function that requires 100% yes vote to accept the system when its toggled to ML.

Problem solved. K thanks.

73 Likes

They won’t. And oddly enough I don’t believe the reasoning is because they actually care about “trials deserving loot”

7 Likes

“Why was I kicked?”

“You didn’t say yes to ML”

Last thing this game needs is more inter-player conflict.

91 Likes

Inb4 horror stories about evil guilds funneling loot to officers or something.

16 Likes

People who don’t want guild runs to be able to set their own rules are like the old lady who lives across from the park and is always looking out her window and calling the police when there are children without their parents there. Bunch of busy-bodies.

46 Likes

I’d have no problem if the group is 100% the same guild that wasn’t formed yesterday. Absolutely none. PUG’s no… You ruined it for yourselves.

But if they’re going to keep on with Tier they need to bring back ML for guilds.

12 Likes

Doesn’t solve any of the reasons ML was removed, and until a real solution is presented it will stay. Blame people refusing to give gear to trials, pugs, etc and all the strife in regular guilds bad loot councils and what not gave.

15 Likes

This is the bait Blizzard tosses out for people who just wanna “stick it to the elitists”

9 Likes

I don’t understand why people want this back. Granted-my experience with it has only ever been what I have dealt with in classic/classic tbc and from wrath backwards.

Back then, it seemed like it was fine, but I think players were far less malicious than they are now. Now, at least in classic-it seems like a great way for gold buyers to launder gold via gdkp and for loot council guilds to stack people due to politics completely screwing newer raiders.

Like what do you get out of ML that makes you want it back so badly? Serious question. My mind is pretty open to this subject and maybe I’m just ignorant. I’d appreciate having some insight on this.

21 Likes

“Voting yes is required, if you do not vote yes you will be kicked”

17 Likes

It would also be nice if they did one of the following:

1. Go back to 3 tokens instead of the current 4.
  2. Better balance the class populations on each token. Currently the 2 most populated classes are on the same token, which is stupid, since it leads to that token dropping way more than others.
  3. Get rid of the class portion of tokens and just have tokens usable by all classes.
8 Likes

And if you are the only one to vote no, what will happen to you?

7 Likes

Which is also how we got Shadowlands covenants. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe find a team that wants to use personal loot instead of holding 20+ other people hostage because you’re the only one who wants to dictate how everyone else plays?

11 Likes

And all the drama that came from it? nah.

12 Likes

The drama stories are overwhelmingly from Alliance posters, I’ve noticed. I think most of us would be fine if Master Looter was only available to Horde guilds.

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging: isn’t that what ML does? Just saying. Life is much better without a select group of people controlling who gets the loot. Or stealing it by dropping pugs from the group after they loot a boss.

20 Likes

As a GM and raid leader, Master Looter does not mean “I decide where the loot goes”, it means “I ask everyone where they want the loot to go and when there’s a consensus I follow their wishes without the hassle of people having to stop clearing trash to trade”.

Master Looter is a game function, it doesn’t equate Loot Council or Dictator Mode or anything else.

8 Likes

It certainly makes it possible though lol. Seriously. Why is ML a better system in your opinion?

3 Likes

No thanks. Already been debated, analyzed and solved long ago by blizz dev team and deemed to be a flawed system.

Next call please!

18 Likes