Bring back MASTER LOOT

There’s a difference,one let’s more people enjoy content they paid for without worry of time constraints and gets them gear to progress to the higher difficulties should they so choose,the other screws players who busted their butts in taking down the boss of gear in favor or the GM’s closest friends and/or side piece.

LFR doesn’t directly affect you where Master Loot DOES directly affect people as it gets heavily abused via games of favoritism and complete munchkinism.

5 Likes

Which would mean the elimination of personal loot. Nobody’s loot would belong to them, and they would be at the mercy of the group. “Give that big upgrade you got to Joe, even though it’s only a small upgrade for him, or you’re kicked.”

A lot of people have already reached their lifetime quota of loot drama, which is why they won’t take “advice” to keep guild-hopping from one guild where, being low man on the totem pole, your loot will again be reassigned to somebody who deserves it more than you, to the next, who will do the same.

You actually think Rastlin and other trolls who YOUR GUYS created after the removal announcement had the power to take away master loot?

Those 9 “We don’t steal trials loot” threads that had to be removed were so full of obnoxious elitism that your side lost all credibility.

12 Likes

I love how you’re using Legion as the only reference to how bad this system was, when it was much older and Blizzard had been dealing with complaints about it for ages.

And yes, guilds did abuse it, and yes there is a ‘leave guild’ option, but unsurprisingly, folks in guilds stay there for more than just a shiny loot piece, and bailing on it because you didn’t get the shiny you wanted, is something that most folks just won’t do.

4 Likes

Problem there is that by the time people notice, it’s too late and they’re already jipped out of loot that should have been theirs.

There is no logical reason to use master loot over personal loot other than to:

4 Likes

Can you or anyone in here link me a guild from Legion that abused master loot and lasted for more than 1-2 months? It didn’t happen. WoW and raiding are on the decline, nobody wants to replace their entire raid team every 2 weeks just so they can loot something for themselves. It would be less time and effort to just distribute loot fairly, progress faster/further and eventually get the loot anyways. Everyone knows this besides people who don’t raid in a guild.

1 Like

I’m a fan of personal loot. I do kinda miss need/greed rolls in dungeons though, but overall im neutral about that.

Also master loot never struck me as a trademark “rpg” element

8 Likes

Why do you need daddy Blizzard to hold your hand? If you want to keep the loot, keep the loot. It should be your decision if you want to trade the piece or not.

Pug master loot was a problem, nobody is arguing that. But the problem was fixed in Legion. There was no problem with master loot in Legion.

Nah, I like the same chance to get loot than raid or guild leaders!

2 Likes

Uh, why? You do realize that both existed in Legion, right?

classic is a good example of why ML shouldn’t come back. almost every pug in classic has items reserved.

12 Likes

LFM last boss, Trinket reserved

10 Likes

So you don’t rip me off. Why do you need daddy blizzard to open the door to full loot ninja abuses?

And as I said above, recommending that people spend entire expansions guild-hopping until they find one that will let them keep their loot (because they’re new and their seniority has been reset to “this guy can get loot in the next tier”) is not reasonable or practical.

As a guild that like most will not give loot to new members for an extended period of time, you’re expecting a lot from players who get nothing in return. It’s really no wonder that guilds are on the decline. Too many people realize that joining a guild is a path to very little progression unless you are good buddies with the right people.

10 Likes

How can you ninja a piece of loot in personal loot with no trade restrictions? It’s in your bags or it’s not in your bags. Please come back with a better argument.

1 Like

Yes, there was, because that only fixed the problem for one of the groups that was abusing it.

If Master loot was a road, the original road was two lanes in one direction and full of potholes (and not just the small kind, I’m talking the car wrecking kind if you’re unlucky). Blizzard then came along and fixed one lane (by removing the ability for pugs to use master loot) but they didn’t bother fixing the other lane, which was the one that got used the most by the game population.

Then in BFA Blizzard decided to fix the road for good and here you are saying “Damn, I really want those potholes back, this sucks.”

5 Likes

I already did. “Give Joe that huge upgrade, even though it’s a small upgrade for him, or you’re kicked”.

7 Likes

Again, if you or anyone else can link me a guild that heavily abused master loot in Legion that lasted more than a month please do. I’ve never heard of one. It’s counterproductive to do this with the game in this state. By distributing loot fairly, you will progress faster meaning more loot overall. And with how difficult mythic bosses are now, you can’t afford to replace your raid team every 2 weeks.

Say no and leave group. That was easy.

I don’t need to link a guild that abused it, because I myself abused it when it was still implemented a long time ago.

And I never heard of a Quokka before 2020. Apparently they’re an extremely cute animal. Just because I’ve never heard of them though, doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Blizzard however does know, they have the data to support their decisions.

6 Likes

No. But let us trade personal loot even if it’s an “upgrade”.

I said “in Legion” nobody cares what you did in BC, it’s not relevant to this discussion.