Bring back MASTER LOOT

We need more RPG elements.
Why cant we in the end of a fight, distribute loot between my friends?

48 Likes

Because I don’t feel like giving away loot that goes to the GMs girl friend, or to one of your horrible friends who hardly plays the game and only comes back at the beginning of every patch or expansion.

107 Likes

No.

Master loot was an easily abused tool used by pugs and guilds alike. Personal loot is superior to it.

Could adjustments be made to personal loot? Yes, and they are in Shadowlands with the complete removal of any form of titanforging/corruption, meaning there won’t be times when you can’t trade an item to someone who needs it because it’s 5 or 10 ilvls higher than your current item. Although to be honest the entire trading restriction should go and free trade should be allowed between folks regardless of whether it is an upgrade or not.

51 Likes

You can trade your drops if you so desire.

But you are no longer forced to just give it away.

Personal loot is far superior.

50 Likes

Because it never ends up that way most of the time.

24 Likes

I agree, delete LFR.

20 Likes

No, LFR is fine, stop trying to take content away from folks because you don’t like it.

33 Likes

No you can’t. Nobody would have a problem with personal loot if you could trade any piece of loot you got. But that isn’t the case because of “UpGrAdEs”

2 Likes

Nah

1 Like

Hmm, in the same way people tried to take master loot away from guild raid teams because they didn’t like it even though most never did content where master loot was available to them in Legion? Way to contradict yourself.

1 Like

make items from LFR less rewarding in fact remove the stats from them.

5 Likes

Hi Asmon/Bellular.

I also enjoy that the people of the forums were specifically brought up in these rants that are happening right now, lol. This should be a fun one to read. /popcorn

/wave

2 Likes

Blizzard decided to remove Master Loot because it was being abused by guilds and pugs alike. You can’t have played this game during the Master Loot Era and not heard of drama surrounding someone ninja-looting an item (mounts were popular for that) or players getting passed over for loot in favour of the underperforming friend, significant other (be it boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife) or family member.

Hell, if you follow streamers, Preach has a ‘drama time’ episode every week and during the Master Loot Era, it was common to hear him sharing stories about drama surrounding that particular loot mode.

Eventually Blizzard had enough of dealing with it. So they scrapped it in favour of the superior looting system we have now.

19 Likes

Yea, bring back Master Loot.

(Remembers being humiliated by the GM’s GF and took away my BiS gear)

… Nevermind, keep Personal Loot.

… I should lead my own guild.

12 Likes

Just remove the loot restriction from Personal loot you know the part where if it is an upgrade for you you CANT trade it.

1 Like

Oof, little lady crushed your manhood.

2 Likes

Talking about comparing apples to oranges…

Pugs couldn’t use it in Legion, that problem was solved. If it was abused by guilds people could just leave the guild.

Again, this was fixed in Legion as pugs could not use it. Also if you think the loot master was not distributing loot correctly, there is a leave guild option.

Yep mostly from pugs, which again, wasn’t a thing in Legion

How many tickets do you think were from Guild master loot in Legion? I feel like it was close to 0.

5 Likes

Agreed but I’m not sure what master loot has to do with rpg elements. lol

11 Likes

… and I won that roll too! :frowning:

2 Likes