Bring back mage tower

Actually I’ve seen the Corrupted Ashbringer, the AQ Mount, the Blizzcon Bear with the Murloc suit and many other exclusives that are gone. Telling someone that the only thing they should have is a rectangle in their achievement tab that says “Yeah you did it!” just doesn’t feel as fulfilling as getting an item and seeing your character both in the character selection screen and when you play.

This look that I have is because I decided to put in time in the Arena. The only thing that’s exclusive is the tabard but I get to have this identity and feel proud about it because I put in the time and effort to get something before it was removed. Trying to advocate for that removal so that other people can feel good too is just a bad decision in my eyes.

“Well what about us then?”

Like I said, get in on the next challenge. I think it’s rather silly that there’s a plethora of xmog in the game but people are still saying “Yeah but I want that one”

1 Like

Cool but redesigns aren’t REALLY happening to the extent I’d be happy so I’m really not close to even be interested.

You are right, which is a shame. I just don’t see them implementing it correctly and also having it feel fresh X amount of downs into the expansion. The Mage Tower at least felt like a fresh breath in what seemed like a stale patch (broken shore).

Theres also this system that another game has, its basically like this:

A special item thats earned and its marked then the same item that was re-released later but marked lower

The original item that required doing whatever to obtain is marked has Timeless.

The newer version that was released later, requires same effort or not to obtain, is simply marked has Rare

In WoW they could put like a little star or something next to the transmog name so you know thats the original version, and the ones that dont have it are the re-released ones that arent has special

If you guys want challenge. Sure let’s bring back mage tower. It’s a fun content to redo. But the cosmetic item associated in legion artifact shouldn’t be available. Just make mage tower a challenge/feat of strength content.

No my dude you’re still not getting it. If they released the item for everyone that instantly devalues the item in question. For me personally that’s why whenever I see a Corrupted Ashbringer my head immediately turns and looks at it. That player earned the weapon and it’s cool to see.

But when you enter the class order hall for Paladins during Legion how often did people turn and look at others Ashbringer appearances? I’d wager little to none based on the fact that it was handed out to everyone.

Players need to understand that there are some things they won’t be able to get. It’s honestly the first step to obtaining said items that come out in the future. Leave the past in the past and move forward to the future. Ask Blizzard for more challenges in newer content and newer appearances.

2 Likes

I would be down for that, the challenges were really fun to do. I really enjoyed doing the tank challenge. No rewards but I get to dick around doing MT again? Sign me up.

I don’t normally agree with u but for this i agree big time would be cheap if they bring back mage tower skins.

If you care that much, lobby for new challenges and appearances. Legion is gone and that xpac’s challenges are gone with it. There are a lot of people who didn’t get the cool MOP challenge transmogs and mounts. Do you see any of them making threads asking to get them back? We were all warned for the better part of a year and a half after the Mage Tower was introduced, that it was going to go away. Permanently.

They really should bring in an opportunity for new time gated gear to earn each expansion.

Don’t bring back old stuff, but develop new things and something that everyone that played an expansion at it’s time can work towards earning before it goes.

A stupid vendor mount doesn’t count.

1 Like

Keep mage tower locked…it would nOt be fair to those who earned it during legion if it was brought back just because people were to lazy to do it… it was almost a faceroll at the end of legion with 920 gear… you shoulda got on your keyboard and got it

Stop necroing this thread. That’s twice now that you’ve brought it back with almost the same exact reppy. Don’t reply and it won’t keep coming back.

3 Likes

Stopped necroing the necrod thread. You’re just bumping it back to the top. /s

1 Like

True but gets comments every time :smile: :smiley:

Bring it back, but cap the level to keep the challenge. Same for the Warlock green fire quest.

1 Like

It wouldnt keep the challenge to many class changes since then…got my fingers crossed tho for something new in 8.3

The is a thread necroed from April.

there was another thread talking about mage tower, maybe he meant to post in that one

yeah your right my bad.

Lol lets keep the necro going to 2021…this will be the largest discussion page in wow

1 Like

Yes please.

1 Like