Bring back Mage Tower appearances so my friends will play again

You’re welcome to your opinion

1 Like

I’m stating fact. They aren’t coming back. Blizzard has reiterated they aren’t coming back. There is no analog that would make a reasonable person believe they even might come back.

1 Like

I think it’s fine that blizzard has limited-time rewards.

What I do believe blizzard needs to do is add more content to current patches to give people more transmog options.

New mage tower-esque event with actual weapon appearances, not a simple re-Color of TOS mythic). Honestly I think the original mythic TOS sets look better than their new mage tower exclusive recolours tbh.

New challenge mode transmog for dungeons for each expansion…

I see so many people make forum posts that complain about how blizzard removes cool stuff for no reason and I actually understand it. If people had new current rewards that were just as cool, they wouldn’t complain.

I mean, I got my Druid’s challenge mode set almost ten years ago now and to this day, I still use it because literally nothing better has been put into the game (same with my paladin’s challenge mode set).

1 Like

Not really. We’re lab rats for the company. " PlayStation Store will remove customers’ purchased movies"

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1657022591

They can take anything from us any given time.

Would not change a single thing. People want the exact colorization or theme for their characters. It doesn’t help if a lore-based weapon/armor is gatekeeped for no real reason.

1 Like

everyone who says you can’t have appearances back because it was “limited time” or whatever is literally just being a jerk who doesn’t want other people to have nice things.

the mage tower appearances are without question some of the best in the game and it’s basically like saying “you can’t get the best looks because waaaaah mah superiority complex”

keeping the game alive means making the cool stuff accessible for players who started after it was cut off and/or players returning after a break for whatever reason.

make it hard to get still obviously but don’t be elitist jerks

4 Likes

No reason they cant continue to add recolour versions of same stuff.

Looks the same but is different enough so that people that played in the past can still feel validated for playing back then.

Still would of liked to get that white werebear form.

Why should anyone wear a color you wouldn’t want to have? Black VS Pink, as an example? Why do you want to force something onto people in the end, when they tell you exactly what they want?

It would be “Void Elves” all over again, where a request gets literally corrupted by a monkey paw.

Transmogrification.

They should add recolors and the originals for everyone

3 Likes

toxic my dude, please be respectful

It does not surprise me that this is still being brought up, mark my words, blizzard will do something. Especially with the countless times blizzard has said no and the amount of people say no you bring it back, this has been one of the most persistent things the community has asked for. If blizzard doesn’t bring them back on the retail side, obviously they will come back in Classic Legion and I’m willing the bet blizzard will make some kind of daisy chain achievement where if you earn those bad boys in Legion Classic, then you’ll get it in retail. I could see blizz doing this 1000%

3 Likes

It would be really unfair if they break their word on classic <-> retail now that people won’t be able to go back and get stuff from TBC. Honestly they just need to put in a system to unlock old removed stuff with valor/conquest points and be done with it.

I’m certain something like this will come. People are still very upset about things they want, either for the class fantasy or because it’s important to them.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that. These developers are actually honest When they say they won’t

Their words have no value. I still remember the Pathfinder-quotes Ion gave and now it’s a complete turnaround. I’m not worried, it’s just a matter of time.

I don’t think that ever done that with gear.

Pathfinder wasn’t really all that divisive. The majority of people either hated it or didn’t care. Making flying easier is a net win.

This topic seems a lot more split down the middle. Some people would feel their achievements cheapened by bringing the appearances back, and some people want them back. That is why I suspect they’ll stick to their guns on this one.

Blizzard already shot themselves in the foot by not only bringing the skin for bears back but also the tower itself. If they’re gonna go through with an idiotic perspective like this then they should at least provide class/spec cosmetic more often. Legion was what… 2 xpacs ago? We haven’t seen anything like that ever since and I doubt we’ll get something like this again.

I agree, I’d love to see some new cosmetics earnable through a new challenge mode. The art team is so good, but it feels like their talents are wasted sometimes.

2 Likes

why cant blizzard just make new weapon-challenge appearances that look as cool as the old mage tower stuff? its really not that hard… they did an AMAZING job with the legion mage tower weapons…

i absolutely love the mage tower fists on my monk from the windwalker challenge.

would have been nice to get some weapons with the new mage tower (although i do love the monk mage tower mog now)