Bring back Mage Tower appearances so my friends will play again

You can still collect, but your argument of arbitrarily rare/unobtainable as new things, falls appart completely in the realm of real life physical goods comparison as they are digital code items, that are untransferable and cannot be altered by the owner in any way/shape/form.

You are collecting for the sake of collecting/completing a collection and that is fine, but arbitrary ‘oh, you weren’t here at that time for xyz real life reason that’s more important than a game’ as a reason to curtail other players enjoyment is a really bad reason to do so. As yes, transmog does affect enjoyment (particularly amongst the RP community, also makes me a bit annoyed that my pfp on here hasn’t updated and had the glitch of not showing the gear in it’s mogged state)

Dang, didn’t realize this thread was 5 months old.

Thanks for bringing it back!

As someone who has the cloak several times during mop. I could care less about exclusively.

The questline was neat but other then that kiling ordos (Which back in the day was just loot for alts) theres no reason for exclusivity.

As for the transmog, If druids can have a recolor for their bear? Why can’t they make a recolor for the weapons? its not like its hard :smile: honestly make it gated behind currency 5k timewalking badges might make people work for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

bruh I got baited by necropost

Constants in life:

Death
Taxes
WoW playerbase getting an inch and asking for a mile

2 Likes

These limited time things are like trophies. You get the trophy for completing or winning an event. It’s why a lot of people take part in the event, to get the trophy for completing it.

You don’t get to take peoples trophies for yourself because you want to play with it.

And you don’t get to tell people it shouldn’t matter to them that you want to take it.

As the blue post says

3 Likes

What are you talking about? Most of the Mage Tower appearances are garbage, and most aren’t the same exact things you got from Legion.

Heck the bear one is the one that got the most attention and is the closest to what it was in Legion, yet it’s still a diff color and not the same, even.

Yes, it actually is worth keeping them exclusive. They were promised as a timed event to go away when Legion was done. They should stay, again, because Legion isn’t here.

Stop trying to take prestige away. If your friends quit because of it, then sucks for them.

A limited time only means limited time only, not all the time.

But we aren’t saying ‘take it from them’ but ‘hey, it’s been long enough other people should have a shot too’

And before you go with the ‘oh well, prior years trophies in muh sportsball’ comparison: every year there is a new, equivalent trophy to earn with only the number on it it changed but it is an identical item to the prior year trophy with that stuff about 99% of the time, so no, that argument doesn’t hold weight either.

I don’t think anything in the game should be time limited. Everything should be available to acquire at your own speed. As a casual solo player, I tend to farm old content for stuff that has been out for years. Maybe rather than make things unattainable, just implement Feats of Strength for accomplishments or even just Achievements that are dated so people can flex their… egos. There are so many mounts and appearances in this game that people don’t even use anymore. What does it hurt to allow other players to get them? I have many of the original mage tower skins and have gotten to the point where I could care less if other people have them.

2 Likes

You’re welcome to the achievement since you think it has value. You’re not getting the appearances.

1 Like

You’re welcome to your opinion

1 Like

I’m stating fact. They aren’t coming back. Blizzard has reiterated they aren’t coming back. There is no analog that would make a reasonable person believe they even might come back.

1 Like

I think it’s fine that blizzard has limited-time rewards.

What I do believe blizzard needs to do is add more content to current patches to give people more transmog options.

New mage tower-esque event with actual weapon appearances, not a simple re-Color of TOS mythic). Honestly I think the original mythic TOS sets look better than their new mage tower exclusive recolours tbh.

New challenge mode transmog for dungeons for each expansion…

I see so many people make forum posts that complain about how blizzard removes cool stuff for no reason and I actually understand it. If people had new current rewards that were just as cool, they wouldn’t complain.

I mean, I got my Druid’s challenge mode set almost ten years ago now and to this day, I still use it because literally nothing better has been put into the game (same with my paladin’s challenge mode set).

1 Like

Not really. We’re lab rats for the company. " PlayStation Store will remove customers’ purchased movies"

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1657022591

They can take anything from us any given time.

Would not change a single thing. People want the exact colorization or theme for their characters. It doesn’t help if a lore-based weapon/armor is gatekeeped for no real reason.

1 Like

everyone who says you can’t have appearances back because it was “limited time” or whatever is literally just being a jerk who doesn’t want other people to have nice things.

the mage tower appearances are without question some of the best in the game and it’s basically like saying “you can’t get the best looks because waaaaah mah superiority complex”

keeping the game alive means making the cool stuff accessible for players who started after it was cut off and/or players returning after a break for whatever reason.

make it hard to get still obviously but don’t be elitist jerks

4 Likes

No reason they cant continue to add recolour versions of same stuff.

Looks the same but is different enough so that people that played in the past can still feel validated for playing back then.

Still would of liked to get that white werebear form.

Why should anyone wear a color you wouldn’t want to have? Black VS Pink, as an example? Why do you want to force something onto people in the end, when they tell you exactly what they want?

It would be “Void Elves” all over again, where a request gets literally corrupted by a monkey paw.

Transmogrification.

They should add recolors and the originals for everyone

3 Likes

toxic my dude, please be respectful