Bring back Holy Shield for prot

Title. Please.

2 Likes

The already existing talent but as a buff that needs upkeep?

1 Like

We have holy shield though. You mean like the old style where you had to cast it in the rotation?

Kind of what Shield of the Righteous already does now.

The old holy shield, the one that basically a cooler version of warriors shield block that dealt holy damage. The passive talent just isn’t the same.

I see. Why do you want it back? I don’t mind additional buttons personally but I’m not sure what old holy shield would add to the rotation.

Because prot as it stands currently is incredibly boring and holy shield would give us another active tanking ability and it looks cool and adds a lot to the class fantasy. Prot has both holy shield and shield of righteousness in wrath, im not sure why they ever removed it. It is in my opinion prots most iconic ability besides avengers shield.

2 Likes

Then go play on Classic where you can use it? Retail is for people who want to play the game in the modern era, instead of being in a time-bubble. What you call boring, others consider enjoyable.

I mean I’m down for HS to be a castable ability of they tune it appropriately. I’m not sure it’s more fun than current prot but would change it up at least. It could be interesting if you could have BH and HS…

1 Like

Bring back eternal flame

1 Like

Your argument makes zero sense and implies holy shield can’t exist in the retail game, to which I ask, why don’t we just remove warriors shield block by your logic? It is effectively the same ability. Bad argument.

If you think prot now is boring, not sure if you are playing it wrong.

Out of all the tanks it is the most fun to play.

2 Likes

Ummm. SotR is literally warriors shield block. You seem to have your abilities mixed up.

Theres not much fun about spamming SotR and blessed hammer/HotR. Prot does very little in terms of active mitigation outside of again spamming SotR when it has the holy power. This was even more severe in BFA. Classic prot is way more fun integrating seals on top of a bit of active mitigation, and will become even more fun in wrath.

1 Like

SotR was not in wrath. It was introduced in cata after the class revamp and brought in with HoPo.

Shield Block
30 Rage
Instant cast 16 sec recharge
1 Charges
Requires Warrior
Requires level 6
Raise your shield, blocking all melee attacks against you for 6 sec.

Shield of the Righteous
3 Holy Power Melee Range
Instant cast 1 sec cooldown

Requires Paladin
Requires level 2
Slams enemies in front of you with your shield, causing (42.5% of Attack power) Holy damage, and increasing your Armor by X

Different abilities, see holy shield:

Holy Shield
Talent
280 Mana
Instant 10 sec cooldown
Requires Paladin
Requires level 70
Increases chance to block by 30% for 10 sec and deals 155 Holy damage for each attack blocked while active. Damage caused by Holy Shield causes 35% additional threat. Each block expends a charge. 4 charges.

Yes it was

https ://wotlk.evowow .com/?spell=61411

Slightly different in the sense it doesnt increase armor, but same ability otherwise

I main tanked in wrath. It was braindead easy. You had a macro that cast what you needed in a castsequence. I tanked everyboss with literally 1 button on the highest difficulty at the time.

Then I dont think you actually remember anything about it, because if you go play prot right now in TBC you literally cant just tank on it with a 1 button macro.

Tbc…and wrath are not the same. Their was big changes. Also whatever you linked literallt has 0 SotR in it.

Since you clearly didnt open the link, here is what I linked

Shield of Righteousness
6% of base mana Melee Range
Instant 6 sec cooldown
Requires Shields
Slam the target with your shield, causing Holy damage based on your block value plus an additional 520.

Same icon, same effect minus the armor increase. It is the same ability, it got semi-revamped later to give armor.

Not really, prot still does a lot of what it does now in tbc, just with the addition of a few new abilities. You still can’t just use a 1 button macro to play it.