Bring back [Glyph of Ascendance]

Blizzard, you have NO EXCUSE to leave Ascendance in such an ugly state.
Not only is it a placeholder model, there’s no good lore that makes this model our defining cooldown transformation.
Bring back glyphs to change this please!
Also, before anyone says “you can’t glyph talents!” Remember: they went out of their way to make Resto Druids able to glyph their moonkin talent form. THERE’S NO EXCUSE.

EDIT: Dragonflight update: with the new talent revamp of DF, basic baseline abilities are talents and vice versa. There’s no mechanical or coding excuses for not returning the minor glyph at the very least.

At this point we deserve a brand new Ascendant model, not just bringing back a glyph to hide this hideous model.

85 Likes

I’ve always hated turning in to the ascendance model ever since cataclysm. I really enjoyed the time when we had a glyph that changed us in to a transparent colour, but they can do better than that. They should take our main avatar and build some elemental effects around it, like Warlocks get with some of their fel spells.

18 Likes

I’m fine with a glyph to Ascendance as long as it is a choice, that way you respect people who like it and people who don’t.

I personally love the looks of it. What I would change is our fire and Earth elemental looks (not-tallented)

4 Likes

Yeah I’m not a fan of transformation spells in general. I want to see my character!

14 Likes

Ascendance needs to be baseline so we can actually pick other talents.

16 Likes

I’ll take it baseline as long as they revamp the base model like the Cheetah form for druids.

2 Likes

Ascendance looks like garbage and why I should use the talent which is useless, ugly and not fun?

6 Likes

Bump.
I really want to run the talent but can’t bring myself to because of how ugly the ascended form is.
Hopefully they change it for Dragonflight :pray:

5 Likes

I agree it is ugly. However the pop damage from the transformation is really nice. That has saved my butt so many times in Torghast.

Speaking of which how anyone know how that rank level thing works? I ran torghast to get to level 11 and on level 10 I ran 4/5 floors with 100% and only died once due to a cat aggro (my cat wanted attention) when I was done it scored me at a 3 rank out of 5 crystals. How does that work out? Im so confused on it.

at least Ascendance cd should be 2m its the longest burst cd in the game.

1 Like

Bumping this for great justice. It’s really a hideous model, I hate it.

I agree with the poster that said we should be surrounded by the elements. Make me the Avatar!

7 Likes

It really needs a change. I’m tired of the no nose, fiery skin, Dark-Lord Bolvarmort look

6 Likes

Really like this idea and dont forget make size bigger 30% so enemy will still notice.

I just want Ascendance baseline and for it to have a shorter cd. 3 mins is garbage esp when other classes have dps cd’s on much shorter cd’s i.e Wings, POF, Combustion and Arcane Power just to name some of them.

2 Likes

here is one even better make Ascendance base line and low its cd to 2m.Ascendance is pretty much the longest cd in the game for many years now.

1 Like

They should lower the cd, I mean in pvp we get disarmed, cced to oblivion during ascendance.

Not only is it ugly, but Ascendance is named after Twilight Cultists who perverted the elements for power.

3 Likes

Bumping this extremely important thread. How are shaman still stuck transforming into this awful model at the height of their power?

Blizzard, please, bring back glyph of ascendance. I want to see MY shaman when I’m popping off, not some weird earth ghost.

11 Likes

Yes. Please do this. Simple cosmetic option that’s already coded (somewhere). No reason not to give players more choice in character expression.

6 Likes

1000% agree. From the beginning your character model should of become the element. Instead of the monstrosity it currently is.

3 Likes