Bring back all Black lotus spawns

If only blizzard devised a system to have multiple vanilla wow sized “layers” on a single server. If blizzard had the tech to do that the amount of mats available would be proportional to a servers population.

You didnt even attempt to view those links, did you?

Complete and utter denial.

I’m not going to open your sketchy links, dawg. Sorry.

It’s more profitable and reliable to take 2-3 weeks to get your 5-boxes to level 60 and farm Scholo…waiting around for lotus to spawn—and still taking the chance of it having scooped up right before you pick it and/or killed if you are on a PvP server = dumb.

That’s at least what our 5-boxer in our guild tells us. He has so much gold he doesn’t know what to do with it.

I guess if you are running only 2 or 3 boxes…you can’t run Scholo by yourself. So you could potentially farm lotus—I’d be willing to bet it’s still not worth your time and you could be doing something more profitable with just 2-3 boxes.

His 10 million gold only devalues once he starts spending it, and at some point he will spend it.

Not only does he vastly increase the availability of capital for other players, but since he is the “highest-bidder” and “removes finite items from the market”, he will both create greater scarcity while setting the market price higher than it otherwise would be.

A lot of people are sitting on thousands or tens of thousands of gold, they usually start dumping it when a new phase approaches. Not only does the increased demand reduce relative supply, but the people who are suddenly selling for twice as much have far more gold to spend themselves.

But this has a disparate impact, some parts of the market are more affected than others because the spending tends to be more for consumables and rare items, so black lotus can triple in price while other items barely change.

When someone says “The dollar has been devalued 96% since 1913”, they mean a dollar buys 96% less than it did in 1913. You can say “a dollar is still worth 100 pennies”, I guess to pretend that inflation isn’t real. But that is obvious and irrelevant and has nothing to do with the conversation.

1 Like

Yeah reddit and imgur … reallll sketchy. dawg.

I guess when someone shows you proof, if you dont look at it then it doesnt exist!

2 Likes

I don’t get the bot/multiboxer denial man.

The best part is, if they allowed multiple logins per account so anyone could multibox, current multiboxers would be pissed they lost their blatant advantage.

1 Like

The Lotus Mafia sadly

You’re right, as long as I only buy things that are infinite supply and fixed cost, such as vendor water, arrows, repairs, mounts, etc.

But if I want to compete with Timmy to buy a limited-quantity item, I’m hosed.

1 Like

Careful, economics lessons can cause brain damage.

When I /who Winterspring and there are simultaneously (9) level 1’s…or 18 level 1’s up…and then I /who Winterspring again a few times and suddenly all those level 1’s with incredibly similar ‘gibberish names’ eventually go offline and the Black Lotus in that zone is picked almost instantly… what I am I missing exactly?

Even if it’s not 9 level 1’s…but instead 4-5 characters spread across roughly half a zone ready to pick a Black Lotus when the window opens, that is a staggering advantage for (1) player.

Some people have level’d up characters to the point where they can actually pick the herb, and they resurrect the character from being dead as a ghost next to the herb spawn once the herb has actually spawned at a given node.

The original developers would probably be appalled. The developers used to actually pay attention to their product and player behavior. They used to address this type of toxic game play generally by changing how the game works, rather than punishing players as it tended to be more productive.

It doesn’t strike me as fair to ‘punish’ multi-boxers exploiting Black Lotus even though it’s frustrating because Blizzard has tolerated/permitted multi-boxing for so long. A more appropriate fix would be changing how players are able to get Black Lotus (ie. changing the system to work in fashion like Burning Crusade lotuses do - where you can get one off picking other high level herbs randomly as a small % chance.

Arcane Crystal are another ‘high-end’ / rare resource…but they are nowhere near as controlled and finite a resource as Black Lotus. Black Lotus is really the only material/consumable in the game right now that is just totally broken in terms of the availability contrasted against the demand.

Increase spawn rates and locations, randomize locations, small % of getting one in other herbs and only allowing level 48+ to pick it.

There, now everything is fixed.

1 Like

There’s a few bosses that randomly spawn in DM arena. One of them spawns a bunch of herbs including 2 black lotus. This is in Classic

I’ll tell you what the screenshots are then. Two screenshots of /who that reveal about 10 toons in both Winterspring and Burning Steppes of obvious multiboxers camping spawns.

GTFO of this thread. Bots and multiboxers are the VAST MAJORITY of people getting Lotus and it has to be changed to preserve the integrity of Classic.