Bring back all Black lotus spawns

I am wondering since blizzard wants to respect the way classic was in vanilla, why Don’t they bring back ALL Black Lotus spawns?

There used to be Black lotus in Felwood, Dire Maul, Blasted Lands and Western Plaguelands.

I Picked up a lot of lotus back in the days, still managed to get around 25 in classic, but the fact that its only half the lotus that spawns + more people, makes it real hard to get.

If you dont Believe me google the routes from 2006 for lotus in those zones.

Dhelia

1 Like

It would lower the price of black lotus on the AH slight, but it wouldn’t really fix the problem. The problem with black lotus spawns, even if you increase the number of spawns, is multiboxers. The problem with black lotus spawns in the game are as follows.

1. Multiboxers get a huge advantage at camping spawn points in the game.
  2. Multiboxers increase overall gold inflation on every server by maximizing efficient dungeon farming.
  3. Megaservers lead to a shortage of supply in general.

Your solution only targets #3. Black lotus would still be fairly expensive, and prices would only drop a little bit with your solution. Because of these three problems combined, black lotus prices will continue to inflate over time. Seeing huge spikes around AQ and Naxx release.

2 Likes

More often than not—I think these are just gold farmers/botters/or your typical hardcore raider.

Multi-boxing can probably give you an advantage—but I don’t think that it’s the advantage you are observing.

2 Likes

I still think with the double of spawn, it would help…

and its a solution that blizzard might actually do if they can find their data back…

1 Like

When I see 10 level 1s in Winterspring, Burning Steppes and Silithus … its absolutely because multiboxers are ghost camping.

5 Likes

What patch did they remove that?

They never put it in classic, but there was in vanilla…

for exemple i remember some pretty epic fight in dire maul arena (that was one of the spawn in dire maul area), so even same faction could fight over it

This is patently false, while some raiders snag some, there are a lot of people that are dead on the spawns, with their ghosts waiting to spawn, pick, then die, I see several dead bodies right next to lotus spawns all the time, all with similar names. I guess private server guys just stay logged out on their one character that their guild all coordinated to name everyone the same.

2 Likes

Right. So what patch was it in and when did it change?

If you are defning multiboxers as anyone with multiple accounts, then it could be. But any one can do that who is willing to buy extra accounts. Not really what multiboxing is about.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen people claim “bots” are logging in directly on blotus spawns, they aren’t, they have a dead char right on it and are most likely using some kind of alarm add-on when it spawns to rez and pick it.

1 Like

it was there until tbc… after that i was not farming them anymore, so i dont know

1 Like

if they have multiple accounts running on 1 computer so they can see multiple screens to monitor multiple locations at the same time, or one screen with multiple windowed games running that is multiboxing by definition. Even if they have multiple computers running and they are monitoring all the screens at the same time, that is also multiboxing.

2 Likes

Or they’re just watching Netflix on another screen or working from home while semi-AFK.

I agree, it is multiboxing in its simplest form, but most “complaints” about multiboxing involve keycloning software, or multiple keyboards mechanically connected, to send a keypress to multiple clients.

What we’ve described is doable with any moderately powerful computer using only Blizzard software.

1 Like

I do want to reiterate that you really don’t need to buff for every raid

I do want to reiterate that, you should stop saying this, no one is arguing that you do, it makes the content faster and more forgiving , and it was part of original vanilla WoW, the spawn rates were tuned for a much lower population, therefore it should be tuned for a larger population. Stop posting this anytime someone says something about black lotus as if your comment is valid to the conversation.

5 Likes

i’ve only said this like twice :frowning:

Yeah I have guildies that do that, was more talking about the people saying bots are “logging in on top of lotus”

I do want to reiterate literally no one cares about your opinion on this, you’re flagrant trolling here.

2 Likes