Bring Auction House Overhaul to Classic

No-one in this thread is demanding changes.

Watched it too and it looked really slick. But no changes just because it looks better, that was not in classic. It might have some unforseen consequences like less people spamming in trade cause it will be easier to find larger amount of items on AH etc. Plus I think some interview about vanilla and having the AH mentioned something about adding AH affected the social aspect of people standing around trying to sell stuff…

That’s why you browse and pay attention to what your buying.

it wouldn’t be “classic”

which is the purpose

there’s a zillion livestyle changes that could be made

but then it wouldn’t be classic

2 Likes

This is what we want, so I’m sure it won’t happen. The idea behind going live with update we’ve been asking for in Retail for years is to ween us off of classic. Remember, we think we do, but we don’t.

1 Like

I mean, they just make the AH easier to read. And people abuse the market price averages constantly. You still have to watch for fleecing, just a different kind. It wouldnt change a thing for me tomorrow without it.

Layers, early releases, historical knowledge, different player base, various addons that don’t work now or back then, etc.

The only thing Classic is players like you clinging to nostalgia like a password-protected p0rn folder and mommy trying to get into it.

2 Likes

Listen Mr. level 24 Tauren Druid, go back to Retail where you’re invested.

1 Like

Wrong.

People play Classic because its a better game than retail. The nostalgia/museum-tour phase lasted a couple weeks but now it’s just another game.

2 Likes

Then you’re playing Classic for Classic. The reason it’s here is because it’s a better game. It has nothing to do with nostalgia for those that love it. That was a false narrative constructed by detractors. We always knew it was a better game, and understood why.

2 Likes

#NOCHANGES

Yes as it is a change …

Subjective

yes …I also want them to remove the auto loot feature from the menu and I want the yellow parchment back…Etc.

Yes…Yes I will because that was not the point of releasing classic in the first damn place…if you want these changes GO PLAY RETAIL

YES!!!..YES!!! I AM

1 Like

Ditto. #nochangesheep are just mad that Dire Maul got put in so early and that their nostalgia wore off. Serves them right for being idiots in the first place.

And yet, people who want to play the game with as few non-vanilla changes as possible don’t matter in YOUR world.

:cactus:

If an updated AH system is enough to make you question playing Classic, you want to reanalyze your priorities.

3 Likes

That’s a false equivalence. Classic is #nochanges. Updated anything is wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah, actually, it would. With Ion and friends in charge it would be like opening the lid on the Ark of the Covenant. These people don’t know when to stop.

So, no. No changes. None. Not a single thing. There’s a reason why you prefer Classic over retail. Stop trying to pop the lid off of pandora’s box.

3 Likes

A lot of things in Retail that have ruined the game ended up changing how the game has been played. Are AH predators that important? Probably not. They give the auction house a pretty bad reputation.

Too bad people can’t trust Blizzard with anything.

Not exactly. I’m fine with some changes. (Not the auction house, that’s unnecessary.) The addition of achievements, for example.

Achievements soothe my OCD soul. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So their basically incorporating Auctioneer/Auctionater/TSM4 into their own UI.

Im defintely not #nochanges, but I understand why people have such a stance.

It comes down to this; your input has been worthless for a long time. Blizzard do whatever the f8ck they please with little regard to what the playerbase cares about.

This has been the case for about a decade now, and will continue to be the case in the future. They are so thoroughly disconnected from their playerbase and it shows.

The worst part is that everyone keeps pointlessly flailing their arms in the air while continuing to shove money down Blizzards gullet and then wondering why they dont get listened to.

“HEARTHSTONE IS UNBALANCED AND UNFUN, HERE TAKE ANOTHER $20 FOR AN EXPANSION AND CAN I ALSO GET $50 WORTH OF HORRIBLE ODDS BOOSTER PACKS”

“OVERWATCH IS TOO CASUAL FRIENDLY, BUT F8CK ME THAT SOMBRA SKIN LOOKS GOOD, ILL TAKE A $80 BLIZZCON TICKET, YEAH SAME CARD AS THE ONE IVE PURCHASED $5000+ OF YOUR PRODUCTS OVER THE PAST YEAR FROM”

“BLIZZ ARE BAD FREEDOM LIBERTY COMPANY. YEAH JUST PUT MY SUBSCRIPTION TO CLASSIC WOW ON INDEFINITE THANKS”