Brick's Beta Notes

No, I am not a streamer or anyone important. I was fortunate enough to get access as a mod author through the awesome folks at wowinterface

I am mostly working on my mod. but I have found time to test out some basic things. Here is a list of what I have discovered so far.

• General
	○ Focus Target
	○ Focus CC Macros work
	○ Minimap Tracking Menu
	○ Mail: Autocomplete for alts and guildies
	○ Mail is still one hour.
	○ New race reps. Full 250 rep for toons of questing level. 58+ receive 25 rep. 
	○ Minimap Indicators have elevation markers.

• Druid
	○ Can interact with NPC's in form.
	○ You can cast heals while in form. It pops you out then casts.
• Paladin
	○ Blessings are not 10 mins duration

• World
	○ Dustwallow Marsh
		§ Mudsproket is in with quests and FP
		§ Tabetha's Farm - More quests added.
	○ Searing Gorge
		§ Firewatch Ridge NPC's are non-elite 
		§ Dark Iron Lookouts are non-elite
		§ Overseer Maltorius is non-elite
	○ Stanglethorn
		§ (A) FP added to Rebels Camp
		§ Bhag'thera is non-elite
		§ Tethis is non-elite
		§ Mosh'Ogg  Ogre's are non-elite
	○ Swamp of Sorrow
		§ (A) The Harborage Quest hub has more quests.
	○ Ashenvale
		§ Forest Song quest hub is in with new FP
	○ Felwood
		§ Added FP to Emerald Sanctuary

• Not verified my me or not implemented but I plan to test
	○ Goldcap 215k (reported from a guildie)
	○ Guild Banks (not active yet)

If there is something easy you would like checked please feel free to ask. If I have the time or ability, level, class, and such, then I will try to report back on it.

Let’s please be kind in the post. I am simply reporting what I have found and tested to try and help the community.

Thanks.

19 Likes

Thank you very much for the info. I hate watching 20 minute explanations on youtube. Really appreciate a consolidated list.

8 Likes

Appreciated.

Bookmarked the post for further updates.

:ok_hand::+1:

5 Likes

Good stuff.

Looking forward to dying at Tabetha’s farm.

What addon is yours?

I missed this the first time.

Is it too late for me to be snarky?

2 Likes

It’s one of the many layout addon for ElvUI with some custom features. NoobTacoUI

For you? Is it ever to late? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There’s another quest hub added on the eastern side of Ashenvale too, iirc. Near the dragon portal

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes.

I had completely forgot about that one. It is here as well as the new FP.

I can dig that druid change

2 Likes

It has been years and years since I was in the AddOn scene for WoW, gave up on it when life priorities changed and I decided to go for another degree.

How are things now, the API must be leaps and bounds better than in 2007-2011 when I was working on addons. With repositories like Github it must be so easy to share code and push changes.

Getting a bit off topic, but I have often thought about taking my knowledge of agile and pipeline orchestration/automation to use and re-enter the addon world, just not sure what addon I would make, seems like most anything you need is well covered at this point.

Can you test if high level characters get the full rep bonus for Draenai/Blood Elf quests that have gone grey?

2 Likes

Interesting how legitimate threads like this one that add information about TBC or ask good questions get ignored, but other thread are flooded with mindless dribble.

I think this thread needs to stay active and not drop off the list…

4 Likes

Looks like 58+ only get 25 rep per turn in. I did test same level 1 of Draenai and Nightelf and they both got 250 rep. Same on Blood Elf side.

2 Likes

Working with the modern API has been fine for me. My issue is I am not as familiar with LUA as other languages, so a lot of looking up things happens. Having so many projects on Github and/or Gitlab’s does make it easier to look up things. Just look at someone else’s solution.

I do love Github actions though. I simple code for both clients using one code base. Once I am ready to push for release, I use a nice action that the Bigwigs guys put together. LUA checks and then packages up for hosting on your github and uploads to Curse and/or wowi. Nice automation :slight_smile:

A joy to see your work as usual my friend.

1 Like

Thanks for checking. I could have sworn that was fixed in 2.3 or 2.4. Hopefully it’s a bug with the current beta client.

1 Like

If you have time (i understand if you don’t, it’ll be a PITA) would you be willing to test the trade skill specialization respecing costs / possibility?

Basically, in TBC you’re supposed to be able to specialize in, say, spellfire cloth and then pay a fee of 150g or so to respec shadowweave tailoring without requiring the shadow weave attunement quest.

This is supposed to be particularly helpful to achemists who can go potion master (which merely requires 5x healing and mana pots and 5x major dreamless sleep) and then pay 150g to switch to xmute spec (which would normally cost 4X primal mights). Obviously the cost of the potions +150g is gonna be MUCH cheaper than 4 primal mights.

Anyway, I’ve been reading quite a bit of uncertainty on whether this really works as expected in TBC and could use some more info. Seeing as this request could be a real PITA i 100% understand if you answer is “nope, sorry, not gonna do it”. But if you decide to test out tradeskills anyway, I’d appreciate if you could possibly do this one extra step.

Regardless, thanks for all the info you have provided and any further insights you may have.

I do not have a toon set up to test that. But I did remember seeing a video where someone tested it. Just found it in my history. See if this helps answer your question Squishy.

1 Like

You even set it up to the exact time code. You may be the most helpful person i’ve seen on these forums. Ok, that’s a low bar. You may be the most helpful person i’ve met in a long time.

Thank you very much, that answered exactly what i wanted to know.

2 Likes