Brian Birmingham leaves Blizzard. Rip Classic

Probably because people are tired of being dishonest and want to let out frustrations and unfiltered opinions without the constant shaming of whatever morality society deems is “right”.

Dunno, just how it seems.

1 Like

To reiterate, here’s somebody who has never held a job that didn’t involve fries.

5 Likes

Go figure that you get crap from your customers when you don’t listen to them.

They’re still trying to force their own vision on the game.

9 Likes

Folks who’ve climbed the ladder this far usually land on their feet.

I worked at Dell Computers for about 10 years and this got implemented when we brought in a new VP of HR from IBM (iirc). It destroyed the culture and collaboration that we all had spent years of our lives building. I understand why middle and upper management do this…it makes THEIR jobs a lot easier. But, it’s lazy…and horrifically unfair. And, it also shows that you don’t have confidence in the professionalism of your first-line managers.

I applaud Mr. Birmingham for making a stand against injustice in the name of what is right.

And for those of you that were asking why he quit w/o having another job lined up…LMFAO! You folks have obviously not been working in the tech industry. This guy probably had a dozen job offers at $250k/year + benefits within 3 days of leaving! Top end tech talent if in ULTRA-HIGH demand! Take it from one of the aforementioned middle managers in tech!

Kak

1 Like

He didn’t quit. He was fired.

5 Likes

Good riddance. Hopefully we can get rdf now that that clown is gone

11 Likes

hes a woke joke, wouldnt trust a word coming out of birmingham’s mouth.

8 Likes

a deserved firing in my books. nothing of value was lost.

5 Likes

this engine is the 1 & only engine WoW has ever had. its wayyy before Legion.

The engine has been changed and adapted significantly over time such that porting an old version of the game is not as simply as simply rolling it back.

It’s essentially rebuilding it from a fork of this engine.

so glad hes gone, now maybe the new dev lead will listen and put RDF back in game.

8 Likes

If his intelligence was responsible for removing RFD then him leaving is the GREATEST thing for classic.

Good thing imo

5 Likes

and this is why peasants will remain oppressed.instead of seeing the big picture they focus on his outlook on what makes classic.

Because we did lol.

Yes, please listen to all 30 of these forum trolls and add something back into the game due to their threats.

Idc either way about RDF, but if that’s something that’s so gamebreaking for you (implied) Idk why you don’t just play retail.

Because it’s a Wrath system. If Blizz had arbitrarily removed Death Knights from Wrath, would you tell people to go play Retail if they were upset about it?

By the way, it’s not 30 people. There’s polls with tens of thousands of players that are all 70% or so pro-rdf.

7 Likes

That’d be amazing. No more 1 billion dk bots in my Bgs.

Another bad faith argument from and RDF supporter. This is why no one takes these arguments seriously.

They didn’t “arbitrarily” remove anything (staying on the topic of RDF). They intentionally left out a feature that was not included in the original release of Wrath of the Lich King.

The expansion itself was more than half way over by date when RDF was implemented, and major content for the expansion was almost 75% released by that time. We are currently about 25-30% of the way through as we speak today.

There is no parallel to be made. If it comes later, great. If it never comes, idk they told you in advance months ago. Join a guild, make friends, etc. I don’t know what else to tell you guys while you keep crying about “IT WAS THERE IT WAS THERE!!” when it quite literally was not there

But this is not the original release of WOTLK.
It’s a rehashed cough improved version of WOTLK that caters to social butterflies and blatantly ignores casual players and people on smaller servers.
There are a lot of things in this release that weren’t in the original release.

But this ain’t 2008 anymore.
It’s 2023 and convenience is king when it comes to gaming these days.
But because nothing about the system we got shackled with is convenient people seldom use it.
I hit level 70 over a week ago and I’ve done Utgarde Keep once and none of the other LK dungeons.
I’ve got about 11 dungeon quests sitting in my quest log I can’t do because no one uses the LFG tool for anything other than recruiting for H+, trolling, general gasbagging and recruiting for raids.

As for Brian leaving.
Good.
Thanks for ruining my WOTLK Classic experience.
But I will give him kudos for why he left.

5 Likes