Brian Birmingham leaves Blizzard. Rip Classic

Thanks for contributing to the discussion, Reddit! :heart:

Yeah they do, all the time actually.

If your job told you they wanted you to do something you are ethically and morally against are you going to do it anyways because you haven’t found another job yet?

Disgusted to what end? You mean Disgusted enough to keep paying them $15 a month for them to continue business as usual?

You vote with your dollar, and you’re voting to keep it going as is :slight_smile:

We can only hope my friend.

4 Likes

was fired for tailoring the game too retail peasants/coomers 100 bucks

this is what happens when you mess up your game, no one wanted 100 changes the word some changes doesn’t mean change the whole game.

brian pissed because he can kiss the game ind goodbye, sry he won’t be missed blizz is flipping out because not only is dragonfk doing bad but wrath is bleeding out, i unsubbed last week and won’t be back blizz and me are done

1 Like

That’s not why he was fired.

1 Like

keep thinking that forum troll

yeah EU companies in some regions are even more egregious than NA companies, some pretty bad o nes in Germany and Sweden, Lived out there for 10+ years.

Haha can you blame him? He spent all of vanilla being told by the players #nochanges. By and large, that’s what we got. The late addition of chrono boon was likely to mitigate the impact of world buff culture going into Classic Era.

Furthermore, the outcome of that was that we want some changes, which they dipped a toe into during TBC and tried to meaningfully embrace during WotLK, only to get dumpstered by the community for that too.

Personally, I think Classic is doing just fine and I was happy to see the direction it took with a little more involvement. It’s remained enjoyable to me, but I don’t really want to debate whether or not he was good for the game because he’s gone and it doesn’t matter now. I just want to point out that he was in an impossible situation with regards to player perception.

I think the more important takeaway here is that some light was shed on a rather crappy management practice, and that’s a good thing. It’s not looking good for Blizzard right now, imho. You’ve gotta appreciate that he tried to deflect from Blizzard by pointing at ABK, which may have been true 10 years ago but certainly isn’t now.

2 Likes

The issue is that they made the WRONG changes yet again.

They always wait 67 years to long to implement something that was needed right off the rip.

PVP Gear progression ON PAR with raid gear and SOM would still be alive right now, guarantee it.

They have to stop pandering to the minority and PVE only.

People who do not like to raid or do not have the time to raid are NOT A SMALL size in the community. The faster they understand this with re-releasing older content the better off that content will flurish.

3 Likes

I suppose your favourite activity outside of WoW is watching paint dry?

The only fun part of that meta was removing them from the sweat lords who would pop a blood vessel over it.

1 Like

This is the guy on Blizzard’s end that is solely responsible for no RDF in Classic. He was the gatekeeper of of the decision of wether or not it will be implemented.

Good news for the pro RDF crew. (Daily reminder that’s AKA pretty much everybody)

5 Likes

Catering to those who do not like raiding or pve would be pandering to the minority

While true…it keep interest up longer for other players.

And it not be game breaking. Those more into pvp would not be rushing to steal raid spots with better adjusted pvp gear . They’d not want those spots in the first place.

raid in retail for me was in case of SL for legendary memories. Wowhead says my must have memory is on this boss.

Okay…when this was RNG a prayer muttered to Elune and the rng gods to please give me this drop first time.

Yay…got it. And I never returned. except for Ner’zhul. I had a morbid fascination with seeing how many would Yeet! to his many aoe knockbacks. 10+ players going Yeet! to their deaths was just funny to see for me.

Your high school ranked you when you were students. That’s how someone becomes a Valedictorian. Why. Should this be any different? There’s nothing wrong with a company identifying their ‘weak links’

Here’s somebody who has never held a job that didn’t involve fries.

6 Likes

Nah not in vanilla

Raiding is so brain dead easy that there is zero need to make any changes for that population of people. The changes needed are for the other population because the PVE side also participates in world conflicts in wow.

You leave pvp out and it falls apart.

See every single expac that people considered good, what do they all have in common?
Pvp was considered good in that expac. Do the research

Unfortunate series of events, however it is refreshing (albeit sad) that the policy was passed down from Activision, and not one that Blizzard came up with themselves.

Say you kill a raid boss and you upload the logs and your dps rank 100, 99, 99 , 99 , 99, 99, 99, 99, 98, 98, 98, 98, 98, 98, 98, 97, 97, 97.

Some guy comes along and tells you “Hey make sure you tell the player who was doing bad damage that they suck and need to get better”

You’re like “wym, everyone did great damage, im not gonna flame someone for parsing a 97”

You have no idea what I do for a living. Derogatory, unsupported comments say much more about you than they do about me or anyone else. /pity

Meh… He helped someone else meet their quota.