Brian Birmingham leaves Blizzard. Rip Classic

Sounds like a crappy system to me.

Translation…

It was not done legitimate for 99% of people who reached it. Another example of why it needed to be changed.

Account sharing discoords were gigantic when this was going on.

Funny how people all of a sudden become humanitarians when it comes to Rank 14. Frankly, it’s one of the few things that will make me bat an eye lash at a character in Classic. Everyone gets a trophy in Classic - one of the exceptions is rank 14.

The vanilla honor system was always one of the most poorly thought out and toxic systems ever created in WoW and that includes everything in retail. Garrisons were a better idea.

1 Like

I don’t think it was poorly thought out in 2004. Most players back then didn’t care about gear. They just played at their pace and got what they got. At the absolute top maybe there were issues, but that didn’t affect the vast majority of players.

In Classic it was a horribly abused and manipulated system.

Glad this trash company and game will be dead after ICC

4 Likes

Yeah, that statement in itself says a lot about your character.

Yeah it was massively abused in classic, but it was pretty bad before CRBG’s in vanilla since the people who were ranking thought they owned BG’s.

Which would only matter if your opinion of character was valuable, which it isnt.

You could be the best person in the world and lose your job tomorrow and Brian wouldnt give two :poop:. Virtue signaling isnt admirable

He had a project that was already made over a decade ago and without changing anything would have made hundeds of millions for years and he screwed it up. Its good hes gone.

17 Likes

I have no comment on the business practices of activision that led to BB’s firing. But I disagreed with many of BB’s decisions that he claimed as his own that he admitted some of the devs disagreed with. That he was fired gives me hope for the future of classic.

8 Likes

While it’s true BB was an employee as well as lead dev of classic he very clearly claimed some decisions as his own, like rdf, and even admitted that some of the classic devs disagreed with that decision. We don’t know how many of what I see as bad choices made for classic came from him or from someone above him but we can certainly blame, or credit, him for removing rdf.

10 Likes

Adding /spit to the list of legit cases of online abuse trivializes the horrible online abuse that does occur.

Oh, because you know better. Tell me more, please. I insist. Perhaps Blizzard should hire you instead.

Its blatantly obvious his campaign was failure. Your inability to seperate between someone from an individual and someone in a position of authority isnt my problem though.

4 Likes

I’m curious what he thinks you said that wasn’t accurate. Weren’t Vanilla-Wrath games that were made over a decade ago? As you say, all the Classic team had to do was release a game already made long ago.

But that doesn’t look impressive in a resume. Gotta put their mark on it.

7 Likes

how will they ban 1000s of bots a day now?

1 Like

Having lost China, they need every bot they can get.

Hmm… I wonder how effective the great firewall of china will actually be at keeping out bots.

Transfers, Deluxe Edition Mounts, Dark Portal Pass

yeah but you keep paying the company you are disgusted with so…

1 Like