Brian Birmingham leaves Blizzard. Rip Classic

So far, everything past The Dark Portal has been retail WoW already.

5 Likes

Good riddance. Been wanting this guy gone since the announcement of no RDF.

10 Likes

The guy who screwed up wrath classic, literally he was the lead dev.

9 Likes

Hey now, he neutered a bunch of casual guilds by promising a 2 phase Sunwell with unnerfed for the first while and nerfed later on as well, donā€™t sell him short like that.

2 Likes

ā€˜Whoā€™s tanking Wailing Caverns?ā€™ changed my life.

10 Likes

Or letting the world buff situation fester all of vanilla then introducing chrono boom for the last couple week just for lols.

4 Likes

I get he left because he was standing on principle, but yeah, good riddance imo.

5 Likes

Well he got fired, but yeah. He did the right thing but Iā€™m also happy heā€™s gone as far as the game is concerned.

4 Likes

Iā€™d see the pvp angle some are trying for with no teleportā€¦but many are 99.5% lol.

PVEā€¦no pvp on the stone.

And I personally donā€™t deem logging in to jump 2 people setting up the stone all night as pvp. I donā€™t even gate camp in eve unless ordered too. I get told I have to take an hour shift on gateā€¦okay fine. Boss man said soā€¦is what it is.

that hour up, I am gone. I never deemed camping as pvp lol. I personnally call it sad.

1 Like

its all copium though, I think the real person calling the shots is that Holly lady. Doubt anything will change from this.

Some people are happy because a person lost his job for standing up for others?

Just how selfish and self-entitled people can be over one unnecessary feature?

2 Likes

I may not have liked brianā€™s decisions but you guys are all terrible.

4 Likes

Not happy he quit his job tbh, but I think its interesting to see if some things concerning classic change because of this.

1 Like

YeH, nearly every pvp server is massively faction imbalanced anyway. Wpvp isnā€™t a thing.

He didnā€™t quit. He threatened to resign and was fired.

4 Likes

Same thing as quitting

Itā€™s really not. When you enter the workforce maybe youā€™ll find that out.

4 Likes

Itā€™s possible to both be glad heā€™s no longer going to be able to damage classic and upset about why.

4 Likes

I mean if my boss tells me to do something and I refuse itā€™s not really surprising what happens next.

1 Like

Thereā€™s massive differences between quitting a job and being fired. Things like severance packages, unemployment, references.

Iā€™m sure he made out better being fired than if he quit. And Activision probably more than happy to have a reason to get rid of a squeaky wheel with a decent salary and good deal of clout. They donā€™t want that. They want old Blizz employees out the door and create a new culture.