Brian Birmingham leaves Blizzard. Rip Classic

Say what you want about his decisions with the game, but the guy went down defending his staff against an unfair system that looks like it’s solely designed to randomly pick people for layoffs. No one here can judge his character.

2 Likes

someone doesn’t know what stack ranking is. someone always has to be the worst employee in this system meaning if everyone is all rockstar employees someone has to be the lowest performer which also means this impacts raises, bonuses, etc.

but not everyone is a rockstar employee. not everyone deserves a raise. lmfao what are you even talking about? and considering the state of the game, its OBVIOUS blizzard isnt working with rockstar employees.

1 Like

You can agree with the way someone handles their employees but disagree with their philosophy about the game.

He was a good manager, but had bad ideas for classic.

4 Likes

Bruh moment #2.

I’m beginning to think you just can’t read.

The two are not related.

Let me spell it out for you: It’s great he fought for the people under him but his ideas are ruining what made classic classic, ie only changing necessary things to make the game work with the newer version of the engine.

4 Likes

Thread isnt about what he did or didnt do for classic. Dude has been with blizz since 06 and the higher ups are practicing scummy business by forcing an unfriendly competitive workplace environment. In a time where actiblizz corpos have been nothing short of piles of human garbage, you can only think about how he "ruined " classic?

What kind of selfish, ignorant donkey are you exactly?

1 Like

The kind who wants the best for the game.

Sorry that hurts your feelings or whatever, but this a game forum about the game itself.

It sucks they canned him, but I’m not sad he’s gone. People get fired all the time.

And stack ranking isn’t new or rare, almost every large corp does it all over the world.

2 Likes

Man thats some crazy irony right there.

Hook me up with your PO box so i can send you a nice big red nose since you wanna be such a clown.

Ah yes, someone who wants to change classic to be not classic is what’s best for classic according to you I guess

And you call me the clown?

4 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re serious or not but people leave abusive employers all the time without another job lined up. Birmingham was awful for WoW classic for sure but he did the right thing here

christ man not Rockstar the company Rockstar as an analogy for being good employees don’t be dense.

And deliberately ignorant. Or just a sociopath. Jury is still out.

Nothing in his post implies that he’s confusing the two. He clearly isn’t talking about the company Rockstar. he’s 100% right the state of the games are awful and they do have some bad employees working for them.

2 Likes

christ man, get a reading comprehension above 3rd grade level, dont be dense.

\salute Brian Birmingham

An extremely sad day for classic wow

#FreeBlizzard from #Monstervision

“An extremely good day for classic wow” Fixed that for you

8 Likes

Well said. You don’t make Wrath Classic feel more like Wrath Classic by removing authentic systems from back then and adding a bunch of variations from Retail.

And if people want Vanilla game design, they can go play Classic Era.

6 Likes

I feel like there are other managable ways to set people up for firing other than getting your employees to lie, no?
Heck, you can manipulate demographic data to “look” like a bell curve. People do that in data analytics daily.

Who is that?