Brian Birmingham leaves Blizzard. Rip Classic

You dont think xrealm tech and random queueing fundamentally changes how players play bgs?

6 Likes

You could interact with other players, maybe invite a new guild member or something. Or engage in world pvp.

Being summoned by live players, that are playing the game, and that traveled to the dungeon instance portal. No, that doesn’t harm the game imo.

You realize that most travel is done via flight paths or simply flying mounts. None of these have you interacting with anyone - in fact, most of the time, you’ll use this time to go AFK for whatever reason.

No… this doesn’t happen.

Also… doesn’t happen. Especially on PvE servers.

You’re ignoring the point - YOU ARE BEING SUMMONED DIRECTLY TO THE DUNGEON, SO THERE IS NO WORLD BUILDING FOR YOU.

4 Likes

O I do. Just I don’t think it is on the same scale as the patch 3.3 random dungeon finder because you’re still doing battle grounds the same largely. We miss out on world pvp skirmishes that would break out near the pvp camps at alterac for example sadly, but we can still do the alterac valley battle ground.

Battlemasters existed as far back as 1.6, teleporting you to bgs. Yet somehow that’s different? :thinking:

4 Likes

Youre still doing the same dungeon with RDF. The content doesnt change.

7 Likes

And you can still do the same dungeons, and travel to them yourself if you so wish.

7 Likes

Yes, with the world removed from “World of Warcraft”. Also, with random strangers from other servers who are not there to be your friend or ally, just a quick business transaction.

Many people, including myself, actually met friends through RDF and then transferred to their server.

7 Likes

Stop trying to recreate the past. Youll never be a kid again. Get over that fact and stop blaming it on other people.

So exactly like bgs. Youre not doing very well on explaining how its fundamentally different

5 Likes

After the random dungeon finder is in the game you use it. That’s the only way to do dungeons. The legion group finder gave us the ability to form groups for mythic’s which was refreshing.

The random dungeon finder becomes meta because humans are lazy be nature and often choose the path of least resistance. Once its in game you pretty much have to use it.

Actually, many people (especially DPS) started to form their own groups prior to entering an RDF queue so that they could have a reduced wait-time.

Nice to see you again, Red.

6 Likes

If I want to run a dungeon today, or in the first 5 years of original wow for example, I have to recruit 4 other players. Then 5 players have to travel the world through various methods to arrive at the dungeon.

After the 3.3 random finder is in the game that’s gone.

In vanilla you had to go to pvp camps for the battle grounds. Later they added city queing. Later still, like we have now, queing from anywhere.

Placing battle masters inside the cities was problematic in terms of the mmorpg and so was adding the option to queue from anywhere from the UI. But not on the same level as the random dungeon finder imo.

In my experience, If I wasn’t tanking or healing back before I quit retail in BFA, it was around 20-30 minutes wait to run a random dungeon. At off hours even longer up to an hour. Maybe things are different now.

Thank you for doing us a favor and debunking your own arguments so we dont have to

10 Likes

Citation needed.

Which is MUCH better than what players are facing today.

5 Likes

Which brings us back to exactly why is the random dungeon finder so important again? Given that we have established you don’t need it.

You are the citation. Maybe you are Red, seem to be as dense as they are.

2 Likes