Brewmaster Macros

Just learning Brewmaster and wondering if well more experienced Brewmasters have any macros they’d recommend using :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Like set up one that puts Keg Smash and Breath of Fire into one button so far which has been helpful although not sure how optimal it will be in long term might be a temporary macro whilst I learn the spec :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

I got you. I love macros.

Instant cast bonedust:

#showtooltip Bonedust Brew
/cast [@cursor][]Bonedust Brew

Instant cast exploding keg:

#showtooltip Exploding Keg
/cast [@cursor][]Exploding Keg

Keg Smash into Breath of Fire:

/castsequence reset=5 Keg Smash, Breath of Fire

Brewmaster Burst Combo:

#showtooltip
/cast [nopet] Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox
/cast [pet] Weapons of Order
/cast [pet] Fallen Order
/cast Blood Fury(Racial)
/use 13

Rejuv and heals in a single button:
/castsequence reset=5 Expel Harm, Chi Wave, Vivify, Vivify

Rushing Jade Wind and Spinning Crane Kick:

/castsequence reset=4 Rushing Jade Wind, Spinning Crane Kick, Spinning Crane Kick, Spinning Crane Kick

Hope this helps. Again I will do everything I can to make monk competitive.

2 Likes

Thank you this is very helpful :dracthyr_a1:

Currently taking a break so will bookmark and put these in later just want through a very tense run of Stratholme Living :dracthyr_sweat:

1 Like

My all in one questing lazy macro. Uses tigers palm, blackout kick, keg smash, breath of fire, and purifying brew. (what talents you take may adjust this, i always take the talent that resets fire after a smash)

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=8 Keg Smash, Breath of fire, Blackout Kick, Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm,
/cast Purifying Brew
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

2 Likes

Ok just set them up making a few of my own tweaks and ones I can currently use work great :dracthyr_a1:

Definitely gonna help with the “plays like a piano” problem

1 Like

Lmao I love this. It’s like “hey this is gonna scream at me but I’m just gonna ignore it “ :joy:

1 Like

when putting together skills that are “on” the GCD and “off” the GCD it tends to make the off-the-GCD skills usually spam their not ready stuff. the script helps get rid of it.

I tend to combine Defensive skills together or offensive skills together this way when i can that make sense: so like 2 defensive cds, on and off, that are weak together.

Or lately like fury warrior and feral kitty you can get your 2 and 3 min offensive cd’s that actually get reduced in normal rotation so in questing i bake them in so they get used whenever their up.

The biggest help has been the tank ones where once i have the resource it spends them: So things like Warrior Ignore Pain and Shield Block, a Paladin with Shield of Righteousness, or Druid Ironfur (wish maul was OFF the GCD).

Well thank you! I had no idea you could do this …

My macro that combined word of glory and shield of the righteous was a game changer.

Help/harm macros also rule. I use them for mistweaver, disc, and resto shaman (probably the best candidate.

1 Like

Yuh after success with Macro’s on Brewmaster decided to make a Macro that after two Tiger Palms swaps into Expel Harm and then back to Tiger Palms resetting after 15 seconds :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Tbh might mix Spinning crane kick in as well considering it’s important for applying Mystic Touch too multiple enemies basically turning it into a filler Macro.

And done

The only macros here that are good are the @cursor ones. You’ll perform better without the rest.

If you’re not concerned with playing well but just want an easy time look up the addon
gnome sequencer enhanced

I have rsk macro’d to purifying brew.

The downside is I sit on rsk a bit sometimes when I’m at 1 charge, but it helped at the start of the expansion, and I’ve gotten used to that ebb and flow, reminds me not to sit on 2 charges unnecessarily.

The Macros I have set up work great for me so :dracthyr_shrug:

Also perform quite well with them a lot better then without also made a few of my own tweaks not 100% the same as ones suggested :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

1 Like

Yo care to share that WoG/SotR macro?

Sure it can work to a point but with brew master you need to be able to time your brews very well to help your healer.

I don’t have the macro but it probably has the help conditional with wog and harm conditional with SotR – which might not work because SotR is not targeted.

But I don’t suggest using this because wog is on the gcd and SotR is off he gcd so if you you are waiting for the gcd to cooldown and hit this ability you might spend your holy power on SotR and not wog like you intended. If the harm conditional doesn’t work for SotR.

None of my brews are on Macros

That’s good :blush:

1 Like

I find it interesting that some people against all-in-one macros assume they are used for everything like dungeons and raiding when most of us, even myself have said, we use them for the convenience of questing.

But lets take this a step further for arguments sake: I’v seen, and other can attest to this, of people never using their CD’s or resources when they need to. In some cases seen the few that sit full resource and never once use them for anything.

So for some** people, again let me say, for some** people the macro may be better because the ability is getting used and usually tends to be beneficial even if not timed 100% perfectly then to not have been used it at all.

If it helps you do whatever it is you are trying to do better than play your own way. Take time to learn and try new things, yes one can make attempts to do without and perfect your timing and whatnot. But if it comes down to what you as a player prefer and if it works for YOU then that is all that should really matter. :slight_smile:

Yeah basically my macros are as follows.

Bonedust brew @cursor
Exploding Keg @cursor
Summon Tiger Statue @cursor
Rushing Jade Wind / Spinning Crane Kick Chain
Rushing Jade Wind / Tiger Palm Chain
Expel Harm / Chi Wave Chain
Keg Smash / Breath of Fire Chain
Black out Kick / Rising Sun Kick Chain
And thats like it lol basically shortens my main DPS buttons too 4 keybinds using two bars for single target with Tiger Palm or AOE with Spinning Crane Kick which I can swap between using shift and the mouse wheel.

Shift Mouse Wheel up is bar 1 which has Rushing Jade Wind / Spinning Crane Kick key bound to 1 and Shift Mouse Wheel down is Bar 4 which has Rushing Jade Wind / Tiger Palm bound to 1 :dracthyr_a1:

None of my important brews, defensives or long cooldowns are attached to Macros especially not chain Macros with my Purifying Brew being bound to Mouse Button 4 so I can quickly deal with Stagger.

Edit: Now I think about it Bone Dunst Brew is a Brew and Explosive Keg is a very powerful Physical Damage Defensive if timed right but well @cursor so.