Brewmaster is rated S tier by youtubers. But why?

But the problem is that the damage is still coming in unmitigated over time. Which means more healing MUST be done compared to blood DK.

Unless a blood DK is getting 1 shot in every piece of content I can’t see why you’d want to place the extra pressure of healing more on healer.

only if they arnt clearing stagger regularly

Because they’re going off data from 2 months ago, before the massive nerfs happened in beta.

2 Likes

I can use low mana spells to heal steady incoming damage rather than high mana spells to get a burst heal out.

Steady healing is always easier than burst healing, and more predictable.

5 Likes

Not even remotely accurate. Stopped reading there.

You’re not playing at the top 0.2% level. You’re probably barely even playing at a competitive level. Tier-rankings don’t affect you. Stop worrying about them. I’m sure whatever tank you play will be equally unimpressive in performance.

Keep in mind that very few youtubers actually play, test, or come up with anything original, or have data or experience backing up what they say.

They just regurgitate what they see others saying.

3 Likes

There’s no reason to be rude.

Yup! most of the lists I’ve seen were made before the last 3 monk nerfs, the warrior buffs, and the druid buffs.

1 Like

Say healers have a certain healing output they can fling out without it being…how to say, active healing. Like my resto druid can sprinkle rejuvs around the raid a little bit and I’m in a mana neutral state.

Stagger takes a massive chunk of incoming damage and turns it into a DoT - which just so happens to make damage intake very smooth. It’s easy for healers to keep up, it’s easy for them to avoid overhealing/wasting mana…

As opposed to, say, a blood DK whose health spikes down to 40%. All the healers promptly panic and start casting.

The DK, unconcerned, pops its vampiric blood thingy and does a few death strikes or something, and is all good - except the healers can’t exactly rely on the DK to do that all the time. There’s not really a way they can tell whether the DK actually needs help at the time, or if they’ll soon recover their health. So the DK recovers their health, the healers waste mana/take their attention off other things, and so on.

Meanwhile, even if a BrM does get low on health - they’re in much less danger of dying the swing afterward because the damage is shunted over an interval. A DK at 40% health can be alarming. BrM at that health level isn’t quite as big an emergency.

Another thing is stagger’s scaling - it still benefits from gear, but IIRC it just…works very well when at low gear levels. It’s just a chunk of incoming damage as a DoT. It’s easy, it’s predictable. Rather - it works very well when trying to push into something you know you’re going to struggle with.

And that’s why stagger keeps monk afloat even when there’s a lot of other terrible stuff in there.

5 Likes

Bad healers, sure. Good healers are looking to see if the DK has RP or not.

2 Likes

As a healer I like brewmasters.

1 Like

Some of it depends on the healer as well. Playing my holy priest I prefer a sword and board type tank like a pally or warrior. The same might not be said of say a HoT type healer like a druid.

Citation needed. The gap between tanks has probably never been smaller than the Shadowlands beta.

Because we can literally mitigate 100k+ damage at a time with just Purifying Brew, on top of it with the right kind of build and Azerite Traits and Essences you can provide a huge amount of self healing, there’s quite a few mythics I’ve been in were I have out healed (and absorbed) the healer over all just from healing me self, Blood DK’s just have a lot of self healing, but generally that comes after receiving the damage already which can be punishing in some cases.

They have some cool animation that is why.

So purifying brew is actually like a self heal then if I am understanding this right?

So damage comes in smooth and they purifying brew it all away?

No it isn’t, you split the damage and pace it out, you can also further reduce how much stagger you take and can cleanse it off. So if you stagger 60% of a hit then remove your stagger you just took a lot less damage, what damage you did take is a lot easier for healers to handle. So instead of self healing like a DK who is constantly stressing the healer the monk is just going to be smooth and not a guessing game if they are going to self heal it all back.

1 Like

*cries in massive gaps between demon spikes uptime *

Someone is salty because they can’t play BrM correctly.

Maybe actually drink your brews and maintain a low stagger? :beer: :woozy_face:

Keep up Ironskin Brew** (typo!) at all times, keep a spare one ready for when it’s about to run out, so you can keep it up at ALL times. Black Ox Brew exists as an oh-sh** button, and your Keg Smash lowers the cooldown on this by a few seconds each cast, in addition to all other brews.

Purifying Brew to lower stagger levels when you approach yellow or red, you always want it in the green.

And ffs, use all of your other abilities like your Blackouts and Tiger Palms to make your brews reachable faster.

You are likely doing something wrong, or just hate the monk class to feel to need to post this.

I see… this is a sentiment I’ve read a few times now in this thread.

So DK is generally just harder to predict and more attention is needed?

So ultimately probably brewmaster is the most welcome tank for most healers I’d take it? Becuase who wants to deal with the RNG madness IF the tank will play proper…

Which as we all know expecting people to play optimally is… insanely high expectations…

Brew from what I heard doesn’t have 100% stagger up time like it does in BFA, so it will take more skill than now, but Brew rewards heavily for harder content. Blood if played by someone is pretty much dead in the water, healers can’t fix a class that is intended to heal back what it takes and failing at that. But a good Blood is also going to be just about as good as Brew, just more attention needed from the healer on tank smashing fights.